a. the boot loader's code point of view

b. Flashmagic's point of view

How does this compare with the P89C51xxx series

Signed interested
Joseph

Andy Ayre

This applies to the V and LV devices.

Device:

After every reset the bootloader is started. The bootloader waits for the watchdog timeout period for a 'U' to be received. If a 'U' is received then the device remains in ISP mode. If a 'U' is not received then the application is executed.

Flash Magic:

When the user starts an ISP operation, Flash Magic sends out streams of 'U's and waits for a 'U' to echo back. This will happen once the user resets the device.

This is completely different to the other Philips ISP devices, which are described in the datasheets.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Harshadbhai Ukani

Dear Andy,

My particular need is to start ISP mode without switching off and switching on Power supply or pressing the reset button, as the units are in production (Earlier using 89C51RD2).

1) With software reset (Using FST) will the chiup enter in to ISP mode?.

2) Did Phillips gave ant IAP to erase the Page?

3) Phillips is not answering questions. Either they are assuming there are no choice for us but to use phillips micros or they are very busy fixing the bugs.

erikm

>>My particular need is to start ISP mode without switching off and switching on Power supply or pressing the reset button, as the units are in production (Earlier using 89C51RD2).<<

Install NoTouch and use the "watchdog timeout trick"

Erik

Andy Ayre

I've never tried resetting the device to get it into ISP mode, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it does then you can use the Start BootROM feature to send the command to start the watchdog and timeout.

All I know about IAP on those parts is what is in the datasheet.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com