LPC932 & WDT Flash Magic Configuration

Started by Juan Carlos, September 13, 2004, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Carlos

Hi, I need to use the WDT of the LPC932. There is a Device Configuration option under ISP menu on Flash Magic. Do I need to enable:

Enable Watchdog &
Enable Watchdog Safety

In order to use the WDT?
Every time I do it, I get an error while downloading the program to the micro and stops.
The message says
"Unable to access the COM port (transmit/receive)"

I have selected Internal RC oscillator.

What I am missing here?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

On some (all?) versions of the LPC932 you cannot use the watchdog with ISP, because the bootloader does not feed the watchdog. See the errata sheet for the LPC932.

Instead develop without the watchdog (if possible) and enable it when done, or switch to another LPC9xx device.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Juan Carlos

Andrew Ayre, for what I read in your message I could program the LPC932 and then enable the WDT options:

Enable Watchdog &
Enable Watchdog Safety

In the Device Configuration option under ISP menu on Flash Magic, and it should work fine?

Is this right?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

Yes, but once you enable the watchdog and reset you cannot get back into ISP mode again.

Juan Carlos

Since I am usig the PLCC package I could program the micro via the COM port at any time Right?

Andrew, if I do not enable these WDT options in Flash Magic, I guess my WDT will not work rigth?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure if there are parallel programmers available for the LPC9xx. You might want to check on the Philips web site - www.philipsmcu.com

Yes, I believe the watchdog will not work without at least the enable bit set.