ISP options in FLASHMAGIC

Started by Hitesh, September 15, 2004, 07:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitesh

I have installed FlashMagic v2.07 (DLL v1.74). I use it for LPC932.

Some of the ISP menu options are not functional. viz.
Display Flash Memory...
Verify...
Execute...
Reset...
Read Clocks...
Serial Numbers...  (Not interested)
Enable SoftICE...  (Not interested)

I am able to enter ISP mode by my own RESET hardware & RX/TX chip. LPC932 responds to all commands. Code is written to also. I am using internal oscillator. But device donot function after programming.

Please suggest.

With warm regards
Hitesh Mahant
VITAL TECHNOLOGIES

Andy Ayre

Display flash memory: LPC932 does not this functionality

Verify: you cannot read data out of the LPC932 to compare

Execute: to my knowledge LPC932 does not support this

Reset: to my knowledge LPC932 does not support this, but is not needed when using DTR and RTS anyway

Read Clocks: LPC932 does not support this

Serial Numbers: LPC932 does not support this

Enable SoftICE: LPC932 does not support this

If items are disabled in Flash Magic, it is because the selected device does not support it. You might want to take a quick look at the LPC932 datasheet to find out the capabilities of the device you are using.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

If you can repeatedly enter ISP mode but your code does not work, then you might have made a mistake somewhere. The simplist test is to toggle a pin. You can simulate this in a simulator first to ensure your code is correct.

Hitesh

Thanks ANDY for replies.

Regarding menu items disabled,  possible if LPC932 doesnot support these functions. I don't know as trying to use it for first time.

Regarding functioning, i wrote a small program to make all ports as quasi i/o by writing 00h to all PxM1 & PxM2 registers. And then  by just software delays, i toggle all ports, an LED conected to p1.2. LED donot blink. Also no port pins show any status on logic-probe, so still these are input only! means my code is not executing?

i know it might be a silly mistake i may be making! i am still trying to figure out.

Hitesh

Andy Ayre

I can't give advice on programming devices, except to suggest that you try it in an LPC9xx simulator, such as Keil's uVision2/3. You might want to post your question on the forum at www.8052.com.

Are you sure quasi-bidirectional is the right choice for your hardware design???

Hitesh

Andy,

As i said, it was silly mistake.

The PCB had provision for TSSOP, so i tried straight-away,  didnot worked! Then I breadboarded a small ckt for PLCC, and it worked. Then i compared CPU-stamps and came to know, TSSOPs are Ctype and PLCC are Ftype! Supplied in same lot by local Dealer.

The problem is TSSOP with F-version is not available here, i will have import!

Anyway thanks for your valued help.

Regards :cheers:
Hitesh
www.vital4all.com

Anurag

hello everybody ,
I have an issue
could any one guide me how to reprogram an IC of P89v51rd2fa whose security bit has been set previously while programming with flash magic
In other words how to remove the security bit .
Anurag

Andy Ayre

It looks to me from the datasheet that the only way to clear the security bits is to perform a full device erase (erase all flash).

Andy

Jan Waclawek

I would expect that even for full chip erase via ISP, entering the correct password first is necessary.

Jan Waclawek

erikm

I would expect that even for full chip erase via ISP, entering the correct password first is necessary.

WHY, who will gain anything from "breaking" the security bit when the result is a blank chip??

as far as I know the above is not true, no "password" required.  

Erik

Andy Ayre

Duh - my answer was for the 89CRx2xx. I'm not 100% sure how the security bit is erased on the V and LV devices. Setting it does not disable ISP reading of flash though - that is the purpose of the serial number.

Jan Waclawek

P89V51RB2_RC2_RD2-03.pdf, 7.2.5 Using the serial number, page 25:
QuoteIf the serial number is in use, reading, programming, or erasing of the user code memory or the serial number is blocked until the user transmits a