Main Menu

P89LV51RD2 ISP

Started by Nitin, October 19, 2004, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitin

Hi,

I have been trying to program a P89LV51RD2 microcontroller, but haven’t been successful yet. I’m having a tough time finding any documentation for in-system programming of P89LV51RD2.

Is there any programmer that could program this device? Or is there a place where I could find good documentation about programming this device using Flash Magic? What would be the hardware connections required?

Your help in the matter is really appreciated. BTW I have a few gmail invites left if anyone wants it.

Thank you,

Nitin

Andy Ayre

There are no special connections required. Simply connect the RxD and TxD pins to the PC com port via an RS232 transciever such as the MAX232 family.

Make sure you have selected the correct device in Flash Magic. When you try to do something a window will pop up asking you to reset the device. Once you have reset the device the window will dissappear. If the window remains on the screen then the device did not reset properly or was not receiving the data from Flash Magic. Use a scope to see what is going on.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

erikm

>>PC com port via an RS232 transciever such as the MAX232 family<<

Make sure you get a 3v rated RS-232 transciever for the LPC, using 5V rated 232 chips powered by 3V does not give acceptable results.

Erik