always error at XA-G49

Started by Sergio, October 19, 2004, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio

i would like to know if anyone can give me a hand on this! i have built isp and all ok conected 12+ to vpp and 5 to vbb but i always get error even reading security bytes or programming! always not find! can anyone help me on this? tks in advance!

Sergio

can anyone give a hand on this? tks in advance!

Andy Ayre

Have you tried going through the Flash Magic application note titled "what to do when ISP does not work"? That would be a good starting point.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Sergio

yes i ve tried most of the options and i get always can conect! I would like to ask you! what rxd i use? 0 or 1? and txd? 0 or 1? please reply me. tks

Andy Ayre

You can always connect? Then what is the problem?

Sergio

Ezequiel

Hello...I also cannot connect... I says that It cannot connect at that baudrate...my clock is 20MHz, I tried with 2400 to 9400bps and more...nothing happens..
For entering the programming mode I do this

Power Up the power supply
Put the jumpler to select Vcc (5V) into the VPP Pin
Press PSEN (so it goes to Vss)
Press Reset
Release PSEN
Release Reset
Tell the software to communicate (for example, performing a Blank Check)
Is this correct???
Thanks
Ezequiel

Andy Ayre

Sergio - what was the result of your testing from the steps in the application note?

Ezequiel - you need to do the following:

Hold PSEN low
Assert reset
Wait
Release reset
Wait
Release PSEN

Sergio

Hold PSEN low
Assert reset
Wait
Release reset
Wait
Release PSEN

but how do we do this? must have a buttom in reset? and how to hold psen low and after realease? this is some things i not understand!

Andy Ayre

You can use switches, jumpers, etc. Whatever best suits your application.

erikm

>>Hold PSEN low
Assert reset
Wait
Release reset
Wait
Release PSEN

but how do we do this? must have a buttom in reset? and how to hold psen low and after realease? this is some things i not understand!<<

Have a look at the flavors of NoTouch you find at this site.  Make one for the G49 and publish it.

Erik

Sergio

Hold PSEN low is the only thing i dont unsertand! what does this mean? is send him a low voltage?

Andy Ayre

Djani

Please help to me !

I have one simple unit with MX10EXA mcu, 30MHz quartz. This mcu is XA-G49 or 80c51 family mcu. Mcu is in PLCC socket 44pin and I need to change program in flash area 64kb for new function of this unit. On the board exist one 5 pin connector:

1 - gnd - mcu pin 1
2 - rxd - mcu pin 11
3 - txd - mcu pin 13
4 - rst - mcu pin 10
5 - psen - mcu pin 32

+5v is on pins 44,23-(vdd) and 35-(ea/vpp/wait)

I make interface with max232 for TX and RX and
DTR and RTS for PSEN and RST.
FlashMagic (good software) have controled DTR and RTS to enable programming mcu. Resetting mcu is working but I can't connect mcu. I try with manual metod:

PSEN to GND
reset and release
release PSEN

and nothing. What I do wrong please help to me, and sorry for my bad english, but I hope is enough to understand my problem. And please I need good simple interface to erase and flash again this mcu ?

Best regards !

Andy Ayre

Sorry, we only provide support when using Philips microcontrollers. That is a Macronix microcontroller. Maybe someone else who has tried it will be able to help you. All I can suggest is to compare the datasheet of that device and the one you have selected in Flash Magic. It will only work if the ISP interface and ISP hardware entry is identical.