Programing 8k code on LPC932

Started by Simon, October 30, 2004, 06:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hi
I use Flash magic for a long time and work fine! Now I have problem. My program is 7677bytes long. I need to erase ISP flash. There is problem. I unset protect ISP and try to programing, but everytime when I start  programing (erasing) flashmagic stop. It is not hang on, but do nothing (command cancel work). Simply I can't program chip with full 8k ! any solutions? I use last version flash magic.
btw. Do someone know how to program in parallel mode? I have WILLEM programator. Some other parallel programator? Pse shematic. I have some chips with erased bootROM.....

Andy Ayre

When Protect ISP is turned on, Flash Magic will erase all the way up to the start of the bootloader, which begins at 1E00H. Your code should still fit.

If you turn Protect ISP off, then when you perform the erase you also erase the bootloader. Flash Magic appears to stop because it is stuck waiting for the response from the erase command - a response which will never arrive.

No, you cannot program the full 8k of the device when using ISP. The top part of memory is always used for the bootloader.

If you are going to program the device in a parallel programmer only, then you can erase the whole 8k and program the whole 8k. ISP will no longer work.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Simon

Hi Andy
I know this is off tropic but, do you have some schematic for parallel programator?

TNX on help
Simon

erikm

I know this is off tropic but, do you have some schematic for parallel programator?
fortunately more and more manufactureres (including Philips) do not release parallel programming info due to the many disasters with kitchen table programmers.

There are many programmers out there selling at prices from $300 up.  If a single chip, maybe your friendly locan Philips FAE can program the ISP code back for you.

Erik

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com