Flash Magic using USB

Started by Nitin, November 03, 2004, 10:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitin

Hi all,

I would like to use my notebook computer from programming, and it doesn't have a RS232 serial port. I am thinking of getting a RS-232 Serial to USB adapter. But before that I would like to know if someone has tried this successfully. If so, kindly suggest me the adapter that I should get.

Thank you,

Nitin

Andy Ayre

I have successfully used an IOGear RS232 to USB cable with Flash Magic.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Harshadbhai Ukani

We have used USB to serial adopter and PCMI to serial convertor to use  Flash Magic with NoteBook and have no problem.

Harshadbhai

Cristi

da you know from where to download a flasher to programmin of MX10exaqc pls???

shiue

I have successfully used an FTDI chip(FT232AM/BM) USB  to RS232 cable with Flash Magic.

Post Edited (12-04-04 01:52)

shiue

I also have successfully used an Prolific chip(PL-2303)  USB to RS232  cable with Flash Magic.

Post Edited (12-04-04 01:53)

gsm_man

please send me rs232 and usb programmer schema .
rxd0 and txd0 ?
rxd1 and txd1 ?
which one?

Andy Ayre

If you want an RS232 circuit then look at the datasheet or user manual for the device you are using. If you want USB then I can't help you beyond recommending an RS232 to USB cable.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

erikm

please send me rs232 and usb programmer schema .

If you want USB then I can't help you beyond recommending an RS232 to USB cable.

again here comes the kitchen table

Commercila RS232 to USB cables can be had for ~$25 and they WORK.  Something built on the kitchen table will, most likely, in best case work marginally and the parts will cost >$25.  It will definitely not work if you build it on a patchboard, just see the USB specs for pulse integrity.

Erik