ISP Application Note for the LPC932

Started by Juan Carlos, November 10, 2004, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Carlos

Andrew, nothing works. How can I implement this serial programer? With TXD and RXD? Is there any app. note or something like that?

Thanks

Andy Ayre

If you are not setting any security bit 2's of the flash blocks, then ISP mode should continue to work. You are selecting the correct device, right? You must not select LPC932 if you are using LPC935 and vice versa.

For more information on ISP refer to Philips application note AN461, available on www.philipsmcu.com.

For a device new from the factory the security bits should not be set, so it is puzzling to me why they should be set for you.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Juan Carlos

Andrew I do not set anything. Every time I put a new chip and read its device signature those security bits are already set. This is one of the reasons why I prefer woriking with PLCC packages.
Andrew I got this message from an engineer from Philips...he knows the problem I am having...
Does this make sense to you?

He said:
"You would have to have a way to contact the RXD, TXD, and Reset pins on the 936. You could then jumper these to the RXD, TXD, and Reset pins on the MCB900 so you could use the RS-232 translator that is on there (but remove the PLCC 932 device). Then Flash Magic would connect to the DB-9 connector on the MCB900."

Will it work?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

What they are describing is how to connect the device to your PC. Are you using the MCB900? If so then you just need to put the jumper into the RESET position and connect the MCB900 to your PC using a standard serial cable.

Juan Carlos

Andrew, Yes I am using the MCB900. My question is this:

Connect:
TXD from LPC936 to TXD of MCB900
RXD from LPC936 to RXD of MCB900
Rst from  LPC936 to Rst of  MCB900

Is this the right way to do it?
Is this implementing serial programming?
Will let me reprogram the LPC936?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

I am confused. Why not put it in the PLCC socket?

Juan Carlos

Andrew Said:
I am confused. Why not put it in the PLCC socket?

The micro LPC936 comes only in TSSOP packages...and I need to find a way to program it serially. As far as I know they do not intent in producing PLCC packages for this derivative.
Can you help with my previous post?

Andy Ayre

OK, that makes more sense. So you need to connect some of the pins on the DIL header (or the place where the DIL header goes) to your device. You must connect the device there because you must not bypass the other circuitry on the MCB900 that is needed for ISP. You need:

VDD
VSS
RESET
RXD
TXD

I think that is it.