ISP_ICP Bridge NEW AN10258

Started by GB, November 22, 2004, 02:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GB

Just a note to say the AN10258 has been updated (2004/10/21)with a correction to the MCB900 schematic (Fig 5).  The old version indicates that the target (reset) pin is P1.6 where it should say P1.5.  Also the transistor circuit has been modified.  So if there are others, like me, trying to get the circuit in Rev 01 of the app note to work... quit now and switch to the circuit in Rev 02.

GB

Frank

there is some conflict in the AN10258 :

Frank

In the MCB900 schematic(version.4)-RS232 Interface part,i think some mistake in it:

Andy Ayre

I believe that the figure in the appnote is correct rather than the text, but I am not 100% sure.

My MCB900 using a MAX3221 works fine, so I think that the schematic is correct.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Frank

To: Andrew Ayre
At first,I would say "thanks" for your  answer! Now, many and many engineers select the LPC900 MCU in their products design.LPC900 MCU develops so fast,but... ,you know the development tool (software and hardware) for LPC900 MCU  is just so  little.For some referrence ,can you give an integrated schematic figure about the latest version MCB900?And can you give more and more information about the LPC900 development tools.Thanks again and again!

Frank

Andy Ayre

The MCB900 is made by Keil so you might want to try asking them for the schematic. However, you can get the schematic for revision 1 (which uses a MAX563) from here: http://www.keil.com/lpc/me900.chm. Even though it is revision 1, it works just fine.

I believe that if you buy an MCB900 from a Keil distributor it comes with a cut down version of the Keil Compiler for the 89LPC9xx family.

Frank

Dear Andy,
    Thanks for  your response again and again! Recently ,I meet some baffle using the  MCB900(ver.4). The problem  is when I  wanna modify the MCB900 to an ICP programmer kit as the AN10258(How to use the LPC900 In-circuit programming (ICP))do , but I just get failed at all ultimately.Note:My MCB900(ver.4) can be used as ISP and work well.
    The question that I wish you  can  give me  some advice as following ,thanks in advance!
1.Can you give me the latest  ISP_ICP  bridge  code  which can be programmed into the P89LPC935 device on the MCB900(ver.4)?
2.Can you give a correct expression like the "4.1Hardware set-up of the MCB900" in the AN10258 ? Because I get failed all the time according to the method as the AN10258 text says.
3. How can I configuring the MCB900 when I do the ICP opration?There are three jumper settings required for each operating mode, they are RUN , RESET and AV Jumpers on the Evaluation board.
Have programmed the ISP_ICP bridge code into the LPC935, whether I should set RUN on when do the ICP operation or not?
Best regards!Thanks !

Frank

Andy Ayre

The ICP to ISP bridge code 1.4 is available on the Flash Magic web page - scroll down to the bottom and you will see the link.

To run the bridge code you must have the jumper in the Run position - because you want to execute that code, not reprogram it.

I don't know much more beyond the contents of the application note. If the device signature reads back as all FFHs then that indicates the ICP isn't working.

Let me know if this helps.

Bo Kristensen

I have just got mine unit up running with an LPC9102 and i use a BC846 NPN transistor and the jumper in RUN, and it works fine.