P89v51rd2 after updating the bootloader

Started by zacharias, July 28, 2005, 10:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacharias

I update it to the V05  using a parrellel programer,then I can program it using flashmagic.
 The problem is that although I enable the softice , it not work.I cannot use it in Keil u2.Before I update the bootloader,Softice can work well.
:(

Jan Waclawek

SoftIce is missing from the upgrade files.
Get the old (v4) bootloader (reading it out from a yet unprogrammed part), program it using the parallel programmer, then get the v5 "upgrader" (not the hex to be programmed using parallel programmer) and follow the instructions given there. That way softice should remain there.

However, you don't need really to make the upgrade, the only difference AFAIK is the possibility to escape the softice mode - but that can be escaped in v4, too - google for unsoftice.

Jan Waclawek

zacharias

> SoftIce is missing from the upgrade files.
> Get the old (v4) bootloader (reading it out from a yet
> unprogrammed part), program it using the parallel programmer,
> then get the v5 "upgrader" (not the hex to be programmed using
> parallel programmer) and follow the instructions given there.
> That way softice should remain there.
>
> However, you don't need really to make the upgrade, the only
> difference AFAIK is the possibility to escape the softice mode
> - but that can be escaped in v4, too - google for unsoftice.
>
> Jan Waclawek
Thank you Jan .
It is Ok now.Jan Waclawek wrote:

bill

SoftIce is missing from the upgrade files.
Get the old (v4) bootloader (reading it out from a yet unprogrammed part), program it using the parallel programmer, then get the v5 "upgrader" (not the hex to be programmed using parallel programmer) and follow the instructions given there. That way softice should remain there.

However, you don't need really to make the upgrade, the only difference AFAIK is the possibility to escape the softice mode - but that can be escaped in v4, too - google for unsoftice.

bill