Flash magic to drive two comm port simultaneously

Started by KS Tan, April 14, 2005, 09:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS Tan

Hi,

Like to check if I can use FM to run two MCB900, one on COM1while the other on COM2 simultaneously?  Is there such a feature available?  If so, what setting?  I tried to run FM on two separate windows controlling two MCB900 one on COM1 while the other on COM2, however, either on of the them will produce the message, unable to connect.

Andy Ayre

Are you saying that if you run one copy then it works fine, but if you run two copies at once neither works?

If you are trying to do something like gang programming you might be better off using the command line version, which can be controlled from a batch file or another program. For complete flexibility and scaleability you might want to consider the Flash Magic Developer's Kit. Learn about it at http://www.canopenstore.com/pip/flashmagicdevkit

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

KS Tan

We have 2 MCB900.
Using COM1 and COM2 to program the lcp921.
Using FM command in DOS. When we program one at a time, all is fine.
COM1 is program first. Wait for 500ms, then COM2 starts.
Error (both never complete the programming)

What is the solution to this?
We have Flash Magic Dev Kit but on Section 3.3 'Thread', it state that only one DLL can run at any time. Does this limit the gang programming?

KS Tan

Anyone have any updates the my message posted above (4/15)?

Appreciated

Andy Ayre

As an owner of the Flash Magic Dev Kit you are entitled to tech support. Please contact me directly via Email (address is below) and reference your activation code. It could very well be that the design of the DLL stops two copies from running at once, but that should be something we can change.

KS Tan

Hi Andy,

What's your email, yes I purchased the dev kit.

regards,

Andy Ayre

It's at the bottom of all of my posts. Note that I am currently out of the office traveling, so I won't be able to look into the problem until Sunday or Monday. I apologise for this delay.