CRC Checking error

Started by Bruno, August 08, 2005, 11:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Does anybody know about checking the CRC on LPC932A1 always with wrong values? This error occurs on block 7, where is the program recorder.

Andy Ayre

Block 7 contains the bootloader, so the CRCs won't match because of this. If you can find somewhere on the web a copy of the bootloader hex file for the device you are using, you can add it to the list of hex files in the CRC window. However I am not sure when versions of bootloaders have changed and in which revisions.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Bruno

Thank you Mr.Andrew, but even when I erase all the flash, sometimes doing a CRC checking the value is differrent of 000000, on block 1, 2.....If I start again the CRC checking maybe it matches.
Another strange situation is with block 7, because sometimes its value is 0000002 and I know Its a wrong value.

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure why that is. In order to generate some debugging information:

1. Start FM
2. Press F1 to enter debug mode ([Debug] appears at the top)
3. Erase all flash
4. Read the CRCs
5. Press F1 to exit debug mode
6. If the problem didn't show then delete C:\flashmagic.fmd and go back to step 2.

Keep doing this until the problem shows up, then email me the debug file C:\flashmagic.fmd and then delete it. I'll take a look and if necessary pass it along to Philips for their input.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com