isp with p89c51rc2bn

Started by an17, September 05, 2005, 02:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

an17

hi guys i was hoping someone might be able to help me i have built a isp programmer for a p89c51rc2bn using the same circuit in an461 but only diffrences is i have tied p2.6 p2.7 to vcc through 10k resistors and for a reset circuit i am using a ds1223 reset assistant but it won't write to read the chip i have tried the terminal test sending a U i have checked if it transmitts and recieves the U which it does but flashmagic says that it can not communicate recieve or transmitt makesure nothing is using the port and in the terminal in flashmagic if i send a U i get a strange looking f so if anyone can help me i would be greatful

Rons

Andy Ayre

What do you mean by "terminal test"? Was that using hyperterminal? have you tried lowering the baud rate? It may be that it is too high for the clock speed you are using.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

an17

hi yes i mean the hyperterminal test.Since i posted this i was able to send a upper case U in hyperterminal. Then have it echoed back at a baud of 2400 with a clock speed of 10mhz. But i am still un able to connect in flash magic using any of the baud rates. any ideas

Andy Ayre

Do you have the correct device selected in Flash Magic?
Are you using the latest version of Flash Magic?

If the answer to both is yes, then do the following:

Start FM
Press F1 to enter debug mode ([Debug] appears at the top)
Chose Read Device Signature from the ISP menu so you get an error
Press F2 to exit debug mode
Email me the debug file C:\flashmagic.fmd
Delete the debug file

My email address is at the bottom of this posting and in the Help -> About window.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com