P89LPC935 and MCB900

Started by Alex, October 10, 2005, 04:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

Use the latest version of Flash Magic. Also do you have the jumper in the Reset position? If not give that a try.

If that doesn't help then you will need to look at the FM application note "ISP entry using COM port handshaking signals" to read about how the MCB900 circuit works and what the waveforms at various points should be.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Alex

Im using Flash magic 1.95 and the jumper is on the reset pin. Can you explain a little more about the FM application note.

Thanks

Alex

Frank

Hi Alex,
    Please check your RS232-cable first!The cable must be 9-line,all of them  straight link.Because the MCB900 use the DTR and RTS signal lines.

Frank

Alex

hi Frank

What you are saying would make sense however I have checked and it is 9 pin and all are straight link. I have also tried it on 4 different computers and all give me the same error. I have 6 chips and have tried them all getting the same error on them all. I'm beginning to think that I have been very unlucky and have a faulty MCB900 Board as I can't think of anything else it could be, however the demo program "Blinky" still runs fine when in run mode.

Thanks

Alex

Andy Ayre

If you look at the application note it describes how the circuit works and the waveforms at various points. Use a scope to compare your board with the application note. The timings may differ a bit but they should still match the requirements in the datasheet.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Frank

Hi Alex,
    If the ISP code is damaged,you can recover it by a programmer.By the way,the baud-rate is 7200bps for the LPC935 or LPC932A1 device.I have tried the LPC935 or LPC932A1 on my MCB900 (ver.4),both them are successful in ISP founction test.
    When ISP,the RESET jumper should be ON,and the RUN jumper should be OFF.May you be OK in the following  test.

Frank