pictiva

Started by jerry, November 18, 2005, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

I have a Osram Pictiva OLED Demo board with a P89LV51RD2 on it. Flash Magic is specified to use to download to it. I am able to use the Flash Magic terminal at 115 Kbaud only. Other than that I cannot establish communication at any baud rate.
Can anyone suggest any solutions.

Andy Ayre

What do you mean "able to use the Flash Magic terminal"?
Are you trying to use the terminal interface to connect?
What did you try?
What happens if you select Read Device Signature from the ISP menu and then reset the device when instructed by Flash Magic?
Are you sure you have the 89LV51RD2 selected and not 89C51RD2xx or something else?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

jerry

I have made some progress.
I am using the pictiva demo with Flash magic. I can connect at 7200 baud.  It keeps telling me I have wrong device signature. It reads BF manu 91 dev ID1. I have entered 89lv51rd2 in flash magic. That is what is on the board. I am on COM5. I download and execute the demo firmware C:\Program Files\Osram\Pictiva\firmware\Reference Design.hex and then I do  the Pictiva demo and say transfer to flash it never seems to do anything. I leave it on for a while.

Andy Ayre

So the problem is in the Pictiva demo? Because you say that you can download and execute the demo firmware. If it is a problem with the demo then maybe your best bet is to contact the supplier of that software.

jerry

I contacted them and Pictiva only works on COM1.
But should I get the Flash Magic device ID error? IS 89lv51rd2 BF manu 91 dev ID1?
Also is 7200 baud the fastest I should expect Flash magic to connect at?

Andy Ayre

BFH/91H is the P89V51RD2. Double-check what is printed on top of the device.

With software autobauding it is hard to say what the fastest connection speed is for any given crystal frequency. If the crystal is higher than 11MHz then you should be able to connect at a faster baudrate, but it isn't guaranteed.

jerry

There is definitely an L. All the printing on the IC is:
P89LV51RD2BBC
CM5157.02
kz0410 AC

The crystal is marked 22,1C49

Andy Ayre

It must have been an error at the factory. The devices are mostly functionally identical (they are not electrically identical). You can either choose the V device in Flash Magic or tell Flash Magic to ignore the signature mismatch (go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Misc tab).

Jan Waclawek

That might also be a customized (e.g. crypting) bootloader, which was developed originally for the "non-L" version and simply burned into the "L" version by the supplier of the application.

Jan Waclawek