entering in ISP MODE 4 P89V51RD2FN

Started by nirbhay, April 23, 2006, 08:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirbhay

HI

i m using p89v51rd2fn with 12mhz crystal,max 232 for serial progrmming.
i m not able to enter in isp mode. i hav cheked the intgrity of serial line,its fine.

i knw that after reset the 'U' character must be sent to uC to enter in ISP. and flash magic do the same thing.

i want to knw details of software and hardware methods to enter in ISP MODE.

wat shld be the status of EA/ , PSEN for entering ISP MODE??
shld  EA/ PIN  pulled high on rest for entering in ISP mode??

plz reply.

NIRBHAY

Post Edited (04-23-06 08:24)

nirbhay

hi

plz reply ot above msg. its urgent.

thanx.

nirbhay

Post Edited (04-23-06 08:26)

erikm

plz reply ot above msg. its urgent.

I am so sorry, most of those that give FREE davice do not do so on weekends.  I know that we should set our alarm clo0ck to ring every 2 hours so we can see if someone is asking for FREE advice, I admit we fail at out obligation.

Erik

wat shld be the status of EA/ , PSEN for entering ISP MODE??
shld EA/ PIN pulled high on rest for entering in ISP mode??

NOTHING

erik

Ian Davidson

This is based on the P89LPC935 controller, your details may differ, check details with your particular processor's user manual.

1. When the application is running in the device, you have to enable the
UART Break Reset bit, this is in the AUXR1 register on the 935.

2. Set the Boot Vector.
Set the boot vector to 0x1F (this is its state from manufacturer so you may not have to do this)

3. In flash magic select "ISP/start bootloader"

4. Ensure the "send break" button is checked

5. Press "start bootloader"

6. From the main screen press "start" to update the code.

Good luck,

ian

erikm

This is based on the P89LPC935 controller, your details may differ, check details with your particular processor's user manual.
the 'V' chips enter ISP maode if a "U' is seen 300?ms after reset.  nothing more.  So to enter ISP on a 'V' chip, run 'U's on the serial and THEN let the 'V' out of reset.

Erik

erik

Andy Ayre

For all Philips devices that support ISP there is a Flash Memory section in the user manual for the device. You can get this from the Philips web site. In there it describes all the conditions that must be met for a specific device, in order for it to enter ISP mode.

Note that sending a break condition will only work on the 89LPC9xx family, and if the application code has configured the device to enable it.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jan Waclawek

What I do with P89V51RD2 (when 'integrity of serial line is fine' :-) ) is:
- run my favorite terminal program (for this purpose it is terminal by Bray)
- set to 9600Baud*, 8N1, no handshake
- click in "transmit" window
- hold down shift-U
- reset P89V51RD2
It should start echoing U. If not, "integrity of serial line" is "not fine", or mcu is not working (incorrect power (including ground!), reset, crystal/oscillator, /EA - all measured directly on pin; less likely chip set to SoftIce mode**, erased bootloader flash or irreversibly damaged).

---
* for exotic and low crystal values, less is required. Search for my "autobaud error" document.
** if this is the case (you already run FlashMagic successfully and set SoftIce mode accidentally, or programmed the chip accidentally as a different type) remedy available, search for my older contributions here