P89C61X2 signature doesnt match.

Started by prahlad, June 28, 2006, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prahlad

Dear Andy,

I have been using flash magic for programming V51RD2, C668, C699 & LPC9xx for nearly two years.  Recently i started using P89C61X2 flash magic does establish the connection and reads the device signature as 0x15 0xC2 0x82 When i try to program it says signature doesnt match with expected value.  I have tried changing ICs several times but the same signature is read all the time.  I checked up with P89C61X2 datasheet the signature given in datasheet is 0x15 0xC2 0xF0.  The device ID 2 seems to be diffrent.  What could be wrong.  I am using no handshaking signals for programming only RX TX.

Thanks & Regards,
Prahlad Purohit

Andy Ayre

I checked in the code and for the 89C61X2 there is: {0x15, 0xC2, 0xF0}
and for the 89C51RD2xx there is: {0x15, 0xC2, 0x82}

So it seems the wrong device signature is being read out of the device. I'm not sure why this is happening. As a workaround you can disable signature checking in the advanced options.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

prahlad

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your help it worked when i disabled that signature check option.  But why the signature is not matching with one in datasheet is still a mystry.  Today i checked over 50 devices and signature read is same.

Regards,
Prahlad Purohit

erikm

this is not a Philips experience, but once I got 1000 chips that read as a 'better' variant.  We checked and they were, indeed, the 'better' variant (twice as much flash) evidently the manufacturer had relabeled the chips to overcome a shortage.

if, indeed, the 89C51RD2 is a superset of the P89C61X2 thais may be what happened.

Erik

erik

Andy Ayre

My only suggestion is to contact Philips. FM simply reports what the device gives it for the signatures.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com