Problem with P89V51RB2FN

Started by Family, September 05, 2006, 09:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Family

Hi Andrew!
I'm using P89V51RB2FN.
Manufacturer  ID: BF
Device ID: 91
When using FlashMagic to program, I met prob same Benoit at: http://www.esacademy.com/software/flashmagic/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2725&t=2725
So, I do something as your suggestion. It has no problem in the first time!
But, when reprogramming, FlashMagic can't verify the code. And when I select:  (ISP)erase flash- then (ISP) Display memory, the first code is no change in flash!
What happen with my chip?
Thanks before!

Post Edited (09-05-06 09:21)
-------------------------

Family
Good luck!

Andy Ayre

Sending a report to Philips for further info/suggestions.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

BTDN

When using P89V51RB2FN, I had same prob as Family and nova. This way maybe helpful for you:
+You must erase all flash memory (ISP-->Erase Flash pages-->Select all pages) before reprogramming.

=====================
Change your life, if you want!

nova

Yes, I agree with with BTDN, we can reprogram by erase Flash pages first and after that download the program. But, you know, It is very inconvenient when we must erase many pages. I don't know with Flash Magic how is different between "erase all flash" and "erase flash pages". Why can we erase flash page, but can not erase all flash.

duy382135

Andy Ayre

Erase all flash sends either the full device erase command or - if there is only one flash block, sends the command to erase that block. Erase flash pages allows you to erase individual pages.

See the Flash memory section of the datasheet for information on the difference between blocks and pages. Note that the datasheet might refer to a block as a sector.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Family

Hi!
Thanks to BTDN because of your suggestion! But it seems so complicated when we must erase all flash pages ̣(ISP-->Erase Flash pages-->Select all pages) before reprogramming!
Could you give any advices to solution this prob?
Thanks before!

Family
Good luck!

erikm

Could you give any advices to solution this prob?

a guess

You have some protection bit(s) set.

for obvious reasons, if any protection is set a full erase is required.

erik

erik

Family

Hi Erik!
I'm sure that security bit is not set!
FlashMagic:
ISP --> Read Security --> Display: 'Security Bit 1 unset'

Family
Good luck!