P89V51RB2FN

Started by Tester, November 28, 2006, 06:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tester

Hi

I have a microcontroller P89V51RB2FN and I am using a USB ICP programmer made by team fdi. When i reun flashmagic it says reset the device into ISP mode now. What is going wrong?

I am using following connections:

1. VDD to 5V
2. Reset to reset pin on uC
3. PSEN to psen pin on uC
4. GND to ground
5. RXd to RXD pin on uC
6. Txd to Txd pin on uC

Thanks

Post Edited (11-28-06 19:08)

Andy Ayre

PSEN is not used for ISP entry on these devices. Please read the datasheet/user manual for details of the ISP entry.

Providing you have the correct device selected in Flash Magic, when you click on start a window should pop up telling you to reset the device. All you need to do is a simple reset of the device.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

regmyself

Well

Okay so I need to reset the device into ISP mode. But how do I do that. All its says towards the bottom screen is attempting to connect.... and it hangs there. Is there a physical way of resetting iy into ISP mode.

Thanks

Andy Ayre

Connect your target hardware to your PC.
Cycle the power on your target hardware
Start Flash Magic
Select 89V51RB2 (not 89C51RB2)
Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Hardware Config and ensure no options are enabled
Click on Start

A window should now pop up telling you to reset the device. You can reset it by cycling the power or pressing a reset button (if your hardware has one).

Let me know if this helps.

Andy

regmyself

Quote from: Andy Ayre on November 29, 2006, 05:35:50 PM
Connect your target hardware to your PC.
Cycle the power on your target hardware
Start Flash Magic
Select 89V51RB2 (not 89C51RB2)
Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Hardware Config and ensure no options are enabled
Click on Start

A window should now pop up telling you to reset the device. You can reset it by cycling the power or pressing a reset button (if your hardware has one).

Let me know if this helps.

Andy

Thanks for a quick reply.
When you say cycle the power do you mean apply a clock signal or is it something else?

Andy Ayre

Cycling the power means remove the power and then apply the power.

Terry_yan

HI :D
I'm a freshman of using Phillips MCU;
When I Use  Flash Magic to downlaod the HEX to P89V51RB2FN(The Device Option choise "89V51RB2FN"),the software show error msg with mismatch device;
If I choise "89B51RD2",it can work normally;
Who Can  explain the phenomenon to me ??

Andy Ayre

Please start a new topic for new questions.