How to use unc-path with the command line interface?

Started by antx, January 10, 2007, 02:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antx

Hello,
first I have to mention that you made a good job!!!

I am going to use FlashMagic with the command line interface and the firmware-file stored on a netdrive.
With the application there is no problem using unc-pathes like //server/drive/file. When I try it with the command line interface I'm always getting an error.
I saved my working settings (with an firmware-unc-path) from the application with the function File/Save Command Line Directives and tried this out with the command line - still not works.
Is there anything to consider which is not mentioned in your (very good) manual?

Cheers

Andy Ayre

I've never tried it and I probably need to fix a bug. In the meantime you can map the network share to a drive letter.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

antx

Andy Ayre

Ouch - 11 months? I will be adding a significant new feature in the next three weeks, so hopefully I can get this done at the same time.

Andy

Andy Ayre

I just tried it and it works fine for me with the current version of Flash Magic. Here is the set of directives that I tested with:

COM(1, 9600)
DEVICE(LPC2129, 12.000)
HARDWARE(BOOTEXEC, 50, 100)
HEXFILE(\\10.90.31.51\files\Pat64k.hex, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL, PROTECTISP)

Andy

antx

Hello,
we have for some reasons a $-sign in our netfolder-names. This works fine in Flashmagic but not in the commandline program.

The argument file looks like this:
COM(4, 38400)
DEVICE(LPC2129, 12.000000)
HARDWARE(BOOTEXEC, 50, 100)
ERASE(DEVICE, PROTECTISP)
HEXFILE(\\NTHT01\HT$Research\Software\Firmware\fw013.hex, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL, PROTECTISP)

Can you check this please.

Cheers Andy

Andy Ayre

Oh, well, yes, '$' are not allowed in path names in the command line version. If you had given me an example at the start I would have told you this right away and been able to add support for it a long time ago...

Andy

Andy Ayre

antx

Hello,
thanks for the quick reply...
We are using the Production System. Can you update this version please (currently it's 3.69)!?

Thanks Andy

Andy Ayre