ICP problems on custom board

Started by Mariano D, March 22, 2007, 06:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

est

I have almost the same problem (with custom board too). Connection seems to work well when I program lpc9107 becouse flashmagic leave message "finished". But when I want to start programmed chip it doesn't work(all 1/0 pins are on 0.3V but can not leach corrent).
But when I program(with ICP) lpc936(and all lpc-s with boot loader) Flash magic can erase chip but can not program it. (unable to transmit/recieve). Any idea?  I already tried with  icp briedge verzion1.7, prog90x, lpc932a1,lpc936...   

Andy Ayre

Please generate a debug file and send it to me. Please try to erase and then program while generating the file. Instructions are here:

http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugfile.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

est

Here is a debug file for lpc932a1 and lpc9107

Andy Ayre

Please email to support at esacademy dot com, zipped *not* rar.

Andy

kittmaster

Quote from: Mariano D on March 22, 2007, 06:25:14 AM
Hi All, I'm trying to make my own programmer board, for the LPC932A1, and use it in ICP mode.

The board is very similar to the MCB900 from keil, I make it following all the recomendations that I found on the AN's and this forum.

Up today I'm able to make all the functions in ISP mode (read, write, erase & set device configuration).

When I trying to use it as ICP (with the ISP-ICP bridge device on it) I can only use it for read, blank check, erase, read device ID & set device configuration, but I can't program the device.

Is necesary connect some other pin on the LPC932 that I'm using as bridge. Because if I use the original MCB900 board with this device I'm able to make all the functions on ISP & ICP.

If I didn´t undestand wrong, for ICP only need to connect TXD RXD to the bridge device and the five pins to the target.
The circuit for control the target VDD pin on the AN10258 doesn´t work properly, I´m using a PNP & NPN transistor arrengement that works well.

Someone can advice me?

I am having the SAME EXACT problem as you are......did you get resolution to this yet??  Same thing, dropping bits, on program but all other functions to ICP working as it should via flashmagic.......

I'm going nuts trying to figure out what is wrong, and I built it just like the mcb900.

My ISP works flawlessly, my ICP all but programming.........

Please let me know, I'd really like to the have a solution!

thanks
chris

Andy Ayre

The last email I sent to that person was wondering if the ICP communications were somehow causing a problem for the bridge. I asked them to look at the ICP signals with a scope - didn't hear back.

Have you tried a different LPC936 for the bridge from a different batch?

The only other option I have is to ask NXP... Sorry.

Andy

kittmaster

I have 20 or so on hand, swapped several so far, always the same result......is 3.1 volts enough on VDD??

I can't find a minimum programming spec.

kittmaster

I've modified the VDD switch application a bit more and now have 3.24 volts on the VDD pin.  I thought it could be a voltage threshold issue, but still stand with the same exact issue.....this shouldn't be this difficult.....:(