Previous topic - Next topic

johnfulgor

Hello,all!
Flash Magic 3.51.205
LPC932A1
ISP
Manually added this record to hex file:
:020000020003F9
Should set UCFG1 to 0x03 (see uc user manual), but it actualy does not. Reading the device configuration, still reports default factory values.

The exact same record works if entered from the terminal window! It seems the record is skipped by flash magic, or that AFTER normal programming, it resets the UCFG1 register.

What's happening?

Thank you!

Andy Ayre

The address in the record is wrong. Download start900.a51 from www.keil.com and use that. It's a more user-friendly way of programming UCFG1 from a hex file.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

johnfulgor

Quote from: Andy Ayre on April 18, 2007, 08:43:27 AM
The address in the record is wrong. Download start900.a51 from www.keil.com and use that. It's a more user-friendly way of programming UCFG1 from a hex file.

Andy

Great, it works. But I can't explain the meaning of the special hex record reported in the P89LPC932A1 user manual, in the section devoted to ISP.

Je Gold

Yes, probably NXP don't want to promote the "special memory location or SFRs" for fear of getting an in flux of support questions.

I for one would like to know the address of the UCFG1 and others Not documented.

They are documented for the LPC700 series.

Joe

Andy Ayre

I don't know if some registers have special memory locations, all I can tell you is how Flash Magic works. When using Flash Magic registers such as UCFG1 are not mapped into any memory locations. If Flash Magic comes across a piece of data located at FFF0H then it takes the data and sends the device the ISP write command to update UCFG1, the security bits etc. Basically it converts the data record into bootloader command records.

Flash Magic will ignore any bootloader command records that appear in a hex file. They can only be sent by telling Flash Magic what it is you want to do.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Je Gold