problem:reset the device into isp mode now

Started by qqiuqqiu, May 16, 2007, 12:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qqiuqqiu

hello everybody~
I have a problem on my board,that when i used Flash Magic,I've got a message : "Reset the device into ISP mode now".I reset it again and again,but not move~
what can i do?

thank you~~~~

q~

Jan Waclawek

Do the tests in this order. If one fails, no reason to go for the next, but fix that first.

1. verify that your serial chain is OK: start a terminal on PC, pull out the 'V51 (I hope it's socketed), short the Rx and Tx in the socket and type in the terminal - you should see what you type (having local echo OFF, i.e. if you disconnect the short, you should NOT see what you type)(if you are novice with RS232, go to 8052.com and download Jon Ledbetter's "RS232 guide" http://www.8052.com/faqs.phtml?FAQ=120308 ). Don't forget to check if the cable's has not an intermittent fault (e.g. broken wire) (including GND!).

2. verify your 'V51 is running (this is a standard check independend on IAP and particular derivative): check VCC and GND, check XTAL running (using oscilloscope), check RESET is not hanging high but will pulse when power is cycled or RESET pressed. I hope you have a decent reset generator and not an RC one. Be sure to measure directly on the pins of the 'V51.

3. Do the "terminal only" check: run a decent terminal, press and hold "U", reset the chip - it should start echoing. Use 9600 baud or so. If no echo, find my "unsoftice" and try following the instructions there.

This all written hastily, I don't have more time now. Try to figure out yourself, also from searching on this web and 8052.com, what's what.

JW

PS: Andy: shouldn't there be a faq for this?

Je Gold

Using an 11.0592MHz Xtal --  On Power up the P89V51 looks down the RxD line for a 'U' Character ONLY for 400mS

So you need have a reset circuit coupled with flash magic OR hold down the uppercase 'U' key in a terminal program like hyperterminal.

For direct PC - Hardware control
---------------------------------
Set flashmagic --> Advanced Options --> Hardware config --> Use DTR to control RST.

Also see the flash magic user manual (under the help section of the flashmagic program)  Page 48 for an example circuit.

Joe

Andy Ayre

Quote from: Jan Waclawek on May 17, 2007, 02:46:49 AM

We have a list of standard debugging steps: http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugstart.html which is also a sticky topic.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

qqiuqqiu

:-[       

I CAN NOT FOLLOW YOU ALL.......
I MUST IMPROVE MY ENGLISHI......

:-[

Andy Ayre

Try contacting your local NXP sales office. They will be able to find someone to help you.

http://www.standardics.nxp.com/contact/sales/

Andy

Je Gold

Perhaps we can view your schematic (circuit)  to see how RESET and other signals are connected to the P89V51xxxx.

When you reply to this forum  , on the bottom left there is a tab "Additional Options"   - so you can upload a PDf or Jepg .... picture of you circuit.

Joe

Jan Waclawek

Quote from: Andy Ayre on May 17, 2007, 08:47:07 AM
Quote from: Jan Waclawek on May 17, 2007, 02:46:49 AM

We have a list of standard debugging steps: http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugstart.html which is also a sticky topic.

Andy
Oh I see... Sorry...

I now see I have already added the quick'n'dirty COM go-nogo test there...

I'd add the general '51 "does it run at all?" tests... Or shall I add them into the 8052.com's FAQ and point to it from here?

Also, Joe's 'V51-specific remark should be added there somewhere... Is it a good idea to edit that old post of me, or shall I ad an another one?

Jan Waclawek

Andy Ayre

I added Joe's comment. If you want to add to the debugging topic then please go ahead. :) If you add the information to 8052.com's FAQ then some people may miss it as they might not visit that site for Flash Magic help. Also if you want to edit your existing posting that is fine as well. We appreciate any help in collecting useful information for debugging problems. :)

Andy