RESET THE DEVICE INTO ISP MODE NOW

Started by gates2231, June 28, 2007, 02:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gates2231

hello
i am using P89V51RD2.It used to work fine until i connceted to PC.i used flash magic.one day i cliked on device configuration and simply cliked on RUN USER CODE.It showed a warning tat flashmagic won't be able to  communicate with it the micro if i do it.but out of curiosity i did so and the next time wen i want to burn a program it is showing the message."RESET THE DEVICE INTO ISP MODE NOW".I am actually using this chip on a board made by TRI called iBoard.IT has onboard 555 timer IC for resetting the board.But even i press that button it is not working.so wat i did is i got a new mcu and replaced the old one and it is working fine but again due to my curiosity i did the same thing and lost tat one also.now plz kindly tell me how to bring the MCU back to ISP mode ASAP.i am +2 student and knows only programming nothing abt electioncs except soldering and reading circuits etc...
plz help me out

Je Gold

I don't know where you obtained the board from - please send us a web link and some info about the board.

Since you purchased the board - can you ask the people you purchased the board from to help you... and provide a little support?

Going in to programming mode - Concept for the P89V51
==========================================
On Power-On-Reset (POR) the P89V51 switches out the main user code and little program from a secondary boot block code.
This boot block code looks for a 'U' character down the UART of the P89V51... but only for 400mS odd.... if no 'U' code at this time  YOUR main user program code starts to run.

Your 555 time probably interacts with the PC serial DTR line - controlled by flash magic.

Whats happening
=============
I think you are overwriting the boot block flash... there is no way to recover using a serial port programming... you must use a complex parallel programmer.

DID YOU IGNORE THE WARNING IN RED !!!!!!  for the Device Options....

Joe

Joe

gates2231

ya i ignored the warning in red
is there any way i can get back my chip to working position
i mean by usng a flash programmer r any other thing

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Je Gold

using a parallel programmer to re-flash the bootloader of the P89v51 mean you also need the Intel HEX file of the bootloader from the NXP  P89v51 web site.

Programming a P89v51 using a parallel programmer means you also need to understand the programming options to program the bootloader in to BLOCK1 (nor block0).

Joe

Jan Waclawek

Joe,

I don't understand, do you think the poor guy corrupted Block1 using ISP?

Jan Waclawek

Je Gold

I don't understand, do you think the poor guy corrupted Block1 using ISP?

Yes - Look under device options.... there's a big warning to upload a a different featured bootloader.

NXP has new P89v51 bootloader available  and Andy's coded the options in flash magic to to upload them.

Joe

Je Gold

Here's the warning notice attached

Joe