Can't program demo kit from Pictiva

Started by prayami, July 16, 2007, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prayami

Hi,
I got OLED demo kit from OSRAM Pictiva. Which has P89LV51RD2BBC. I have downloaded the flashmagic from this website. And trying to program but it is giving me the following error.
"Unable to connect at the specified baudrate. Start reducing the baudrate again. Reset the hardware into ISP mode".

I have selected baudrate to 2400. And it is giving the same error when I do:
ISP->Reset
ISP->Device Signature
ISP->Blank Check.

I am using COM port 1. With interface: (None)ISP. Erased all flash is checked. Verify after programming is checked.

I can't figure out what can be problem. We got ready made kit from OSRAM pictiva. Can there be problem in the hardware? What it can be? Please help.

Thanks,

Andy Ayre

How are you placing the device into ISP mode? Pressing buttons?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

prayami

Thanks for reply,

In Interface drop down list, I have selected "None (ISP)". And from main menu, ISP tab(or what ever we say), I select blank check etc.
Is there any thing else I require to do?

Andy Ayre

Go to Options -> Advanced Options

Is the option to use DTR enabled? If so uncheck it and try again.

When you click on "Start" a window should pop up telling you to reset the device. At that point you need to cycle the power on your board or press a button to reset the device.

Andy

prayami

Thanks for reply, I can see the progress but not success.

I uncheck the option: Use DTR to control the RST. And now it is showing the message "Reset the device in ISP mode". Now I am turning the power ON here ( and also tried to reset while power ON and OFF both). But it is just hanging over there and not doing anything. I confirm the COM port number, reduced the baudrate. I can't figure out, what can be the problem.

Andy Ayre

What crystal frequency are you using?
Are you leaving the "Reset device" window open for a while (more than 30 seconds) after powering on your board?

The correct sequence is:

Click on "Start" -> window opens with cancel button telling you to reset the device
  Power on your board
  Window should dissappear and the erasing/programming/etc starts

If this doesn't work then you will need to put a scope on the RxD pin on the device and check that 'U's are constantly arriving at the pin.

Andy