see the attached file with the debug
can you help me with this problem?
thank you.
fernando

Andy Ayre

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Hardware Config Tab
Uncheck "Use DTR to control RST"
Click on OK

When you click on Start Flash Magic will prompt you to reset the device. It should then connect.
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

fmlab

I did what you said and I get the same message. i went to ISP tab i get same message with read seci\urity, read device signature , reset etc.
can you give any other advice.
thank you for your time
feranando

Andy Ayre

What message do you get? No message was mentioned in your first post. In order to help you I need things like *exact* message text, what you are doing at the time, Flash Magic settings, etc.

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugstart.html

Andy

fmlab

message:" Unable to connect at the specified baud rate.Try reducing the baud rate.Reset the hardware into isp mode again"
I apply this condicion but nothing happend.
I use the USB-ICP interface.
thank you.

Andy Ayre

The 89(L)V51Rx2 devices don't support ICP. You need to connect the UART on the device directly to the PC's COM port, so Flash Magic can send a 'U' to the device.

Andy

fmlab

the usb-icp-80c51isp support P89V51RB2 .
http://www.teamfdi.com/usb-icp/.
thank you.

Andy Ayre

I stand corrected. I will check with FDI to find out how this works with these devices.

Andy

fmlab

thank you for your email. I'll be wating for your information.
May be you can inform me how to connect the chip to the serial port, or a place at internet to get the schematic.
thank you for your time
fernando

Andy Ayre

Here is some info from FDI:

Quote1) A user must use the 80C51 ISP cable when attaching to the target (we have a separate ICP LPC9xx cable)
2) The target board must be powered and the USB-ICP must sense the power on pin 1 of the 6-pin connector (which is connected to RJ45 pin 1).
3) Timing must be correct in FlashMagic -- T1 and T2 should be 100 ms or faster.
4) As always, make sure the ICP has the latest firmware (currently v1.06)

But first you need to decide if you wish for Flash Magic to place the device into ISP mode using the DTR signal, or not. If you choose to use DTR then you must build the appropriate circuitry on your target board to support this.

Andy