P89V51RD2 Programmer Circuit

Started by amax, February 16, 2008, 02:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Je Gold

Yes P89v51 can be parallel programmed....

BUT...

I believe NXP only support "profesional - dedicated" programmers... as there some tricky timing requirements...

NXP  --> Use  UART ISP method... there is no SPI method...

Hint...... the smaller  LPC900 micro's  (3volt) like the P89LPC935.... you can use UART, SPI (UART MODE 0) to program the parts

Joseph

erikm

P89V51RD2 has also SPI interface.
Can I build a programmer P89V51RD2 For with SPI interface?
If it is possible then which software I need for Programming P89V51RD2 from LPT port?

sure,
if you do not like the car you drive, but some sheet metal and start bending it.

P89V51RD2 has also SPI interface.
Can I build a programmer P89V51RD2 For with SPI interface?

yes, but why? NXp never intended the SPI interface to be used for programming.

If it is possible then which software I need for Programming P89V51RD2 from LPT port?
a bootloader and a PC program written by you

why are you trying to make a NXP chip behave as an Arghmel chip?

Erik

erik

KHALID KHAN

Hello,
I want to make my own programmer Circuit for P89V81RD2.
Can any one give me detailed Circuit diagram for Programming this Chip is there any hardware changes in running the program?
I want to use keil software For loading the hex file In to chip?

can any one help me.....
khalid

Andy Ayre

You need to connect the on-chip UART to a PC's COM port via an RS232 transceiver. You also need a way of resetting the device - typically via a pushbutton.

Sorry, no detailed schematic available, but there are plently easily found using Google.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Je Gold

With reference to a "fresh"  / unprogrammed  P89v51 ;

a) You can not program via the SPI.

b) Only programming  via the UART and a profesional parallel programmer

You can write your own bootloader software .... but then it would not be a "fresh" / Unprogrammed part.

Joe

bugmike25

Hi, i just designed a programmer circuit for the P89V51RD2.  I am just going to use the RX and TX to program the device.  Since i am not using the PSEN pin shall i leave it floating or shall i connect it to +5V or GND??

Andy Ayre

What does the datasheet say? Typically you set that pin according to whether you are using external memory or not.

Andy

Jan Waclawek

Andy,

Are you sure you are not confusing /PSEN (output, to be connected to code memory output enable pin), with /EA (input, determining whether external or internal code memory is to be used)?

/PSEN should be left floating.

Jan Waclawek

bugmike25

Thanks Jan. Andy you are confusing PSEN with the EA pin.

Andy Ayre

Sorry, misread your question. I didn't see the part where you said you wern't using it.

tusharbanne

In the data sheet of MAX 232 it is stated that 1uf capacitors should be used. but u have used 10uf. how does this change things.  :-\