ISP ( Flash Magic ) - Warning

Started by mihir, February 24, 2008, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mihir

I am using Flash magic 4.17 to program the P89V51RD2. It some times comes up with the following warning.

"The device signature does not match the expected values". I have read the device signature and it consistently shows the same data as shown bellow.

If i ignore the warning Flash Magic programs without a problem.

Your Sincerely,
Mihir

=================
Manufacture ID : 0xBF
Device ID         : 0x91
BootLoader  Ver : 4
=================

Je Gold

P89v51  fab processes changed with the last couple of months .... New parts have a new ID.

Get and old part and compare the ID difference

Joe

Andy Ayre

BFH, 91H is the signature that Flash Magic expects for this device.

Is it the exact same device that sometimes produces this warning or are you programming lots of devices, and some of those sometimes produce this warning?

If it's lots of devices, have you double checked that the cases are stamped with "P89V51RD2", and not something else?

When you get the error, immediately go to ISP -> Read Device signature. Do you get BFH, 91H?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

mihir

I am using the single chip for download sessions and it comes up with this warning. When i read the device signature (after getting the warning) it comes up with the same  number. "Device ID : 0x91"

Thanks ,
Mihir

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure why it is generating a warning about the signature, unless the device you are using does not match the device you have selected in Step 1 of the main window.

You can disable the signature check by going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Misc tab, however always be sure to select the actual device you are using in Flash Magic.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com