help to program LPC-P2378-STK(04)

Started by sebastianjv, March 13, 2008, 10:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebastianjv

HI EVERYBODY!! THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE!! I REALLY NEED SOME HELP! I CAN NOT PROGRAM MY KIT, I FOLLOWED THIS STEPS BUT IT DOES NOT WORK, AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT OSC FREC USE!

- Download and install Flash Magic.
- Connect the board's serial connector to your PC's serial (COM) channel with the serial cable
- Set the jumpers on the board so that ISP mode is enabled.
- Reset the board
- In Flash Magic, choose the right COM port (usually COM1)
- In Flash Magic, do "ISP => Read Device Signature".
If the chip responds with the Signature and the Boot Loader Version then you are connected and you can now program a hex file using this setup.

WHEN I AM DOING THE "read device signature" an error appears that say  "Operation failed,(failed the autobaud, step 1) "  SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO! SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Andy Ayre

First you need to find out what oscillator frequency you are using. This will be printed on the crystal cannister or in the manual for the board. If you still can't find out then contact the manufacturer of the board. You *must* enter the correct crystal frequency into Flash Magic.

Double check the jumper settings, possibly with the help of the schematic diagram, to make sure they are set to place the device into ISP mode on reset. You can also try putting a scope on the appropriate pins to make sure the ISP entry conditions (described in the device user manual from NXP) are being met.

If that doesn't help, then start going through the steps here:

http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugstart.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

sebastianjv

hi again!! i want to know the osc frequency that i have to use in flash magic! i hace a lpc-p2378 stk (04) i can not find it! so i need help!!  :'(