89c51re2

Started by xtracool_protik, March 27, 2008, 12:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtracool_protik

Hello Guys,
This is my first time to use ISP and I am looking towards flashmagic, However when I looked in supported device list there was no 89C51RE2 so wanted any of you to guide me about it. I'm using 89c51RE2 because it have 2 serial ports which is must in my case.
Thank you in advance.

Jan Waclawek

It is vital always to use the full marking of the part, including the prefix (OK you might omit the suffixes denoting the package/temperature grade).
There is no Philips/NXP made chip with RE2 suffix; and FlashMagic is a NXP-sponsored project, aimed at programming NXP-chips. You are most probably talking about Atmel's AT89C51RE2, for which the proper programming tool is FLIP, to be found at Atmel's webpages.

JW

xtracool_protik

Ya I've seen that and really sorry for no prefix but you are right its atmel's.
I have FLIP but I've heard flash magic is good
So can you help me about FLIP
I want 2 serial port and atmel offers it only with re2 and I'm familiar with atmel instruction set thats why I'm using it
Thank you

Jan Waclawek

I don't quite understand what's your problem with FLIP, but anyway, as this is a FlashMagic-specific forum, you better should repost your question on the 8052.com's Forum (please observe the rules for posting there).

JW