p89v51rb2 SECOND PROGRAMMING

Started by baha, March 27, 2008, 04:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baha

I am working on p89v51rb2fn philips microcontroller , I programmed it and
tested it , the second time I earsed the chip and downloaded the same program it didn't work !! what could couse some thing like that ? please help it happend with me with 10 pcs !!! is their a probability that they got burned? ???

erikm

first time (with a "factory fresh" chip) the chip is alredy in ISP mode so whatever you do, it will work.

for 'V' chips, every later time you need to synchronize reset with the ISP.

Erik
erik

Jan Waclawek

Quote from: baha on March 27, 2008, 04:40:34 AM
I am working on p89v51rb2fn philips microcontroller , I programmed it and
tested it , the second time I earsed the chip and downloaded the same program
How did you "erase the chip"? Does "downloaded the same program" mean successful programming?
Quote from: baha on March 27, 2008, 04:40:34 AMit didn't work !! what could couse some thing like that ?
What does exactly mean "it didn't work"? What is it supposed to do and how does it fail to do so?

JW

baha

I use Needham programmer , I erased the entire chip and downloaded the same program I used first time , the programming software gave me successful programming and verifying for the chip. when I put the chip in the same board it didn't work , the application is Lift Control system and the board work with P87C51FA-4N (OTP) properly, even with p89v51rb2 it worked the first time properly but not after that. 

Jan Waclawek

As this is a non-ISP non-FlashMagic question, you better come to 8052.com Forum with this question.

Jan Waclawek