Olimex LPC-H2294 (Rev.A) Issues

Started by Gonzo75, April 25, 2008, 04:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzo75

Hi,

I am having a difficult time getting my Olimex LPC-H2294 Rev.A board being recognized by the Flash Magic utility.  I used to use the Phillips Flash utility with my original Olimex LPC-H2294 board (not the newer Rev.A which I received today) without any issues.  I tried the Rev.A board on the Phillips Flash utility without any success...more specifically, the board is not recognized or cannot be found (Read Device ID doesn't work).

I have a .hex file that I am trying to upload to the flash.  The only way I can get this to work is to open HyperTerminal, reset my board, turn on the ICSP dip switch, reset the board, quit HyperTerminal, then start the Flash Magic utility.  Although I am able to flash my code, the "Read Device Signature" function still does not work.

I believe I am missing something here.  Any help on how to get the Rev.A version of the Olimex LPC-H2294 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Andy Ayre

What do you mean "does not work"? Do you get an error message and if so what does it say? Or do you get the wrong device signature back?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Gonzo75

I get the "failed to Autobaud" message so I can't even get a device signature.  Strange thing is, I found a work around which is to connect the "virgin" board to my terminal program (Putty).  Boot the board, flip the ISP dip switch on the board, then hit reset.  After this, I am able to communicate to my board via Flash Magic.  Prior to the Rev. A boards, I was able to just flip the ISP Dip switch and use the Phillips Flash Utility without any issues.  I was just wondering if anyone else is using the Rev. A version of the Olimex LPC-H2294 board and seen the same issue?

Andy Ayre

It seems something has changed with the ISP entry method. Flash Magic assumes you are manually placing the device into ISP mode, unless you tell it otherwise. It has the option of using DTR and RTS to do this automatically, but the board has to support it.

Andy

MrCrabs

I've got the same problem the thread author has. Philips Flash Utility doesn't work (Read Device ID doesnt work) and Flash Magic always says "Operation failed. (failed to autobaud - step1)"  I use an Olimex LPC-H2294 Board. How can I check if its Rev.A or not?
The Board is connected to USB Port via the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD Adapter. USB-Serial Port is configured as COM3 which I have chosen in Flash Magic as well. I tried with the smallest Baud Rate, 2400. However, I cannot even read the device Signature.  Which Interface do I have to choose in Step 1 then? Or should I connect the board to USB directly. In that case, my PC needs drivers for "USB<->Serial". Where can I find them?
Any other mistakes I could have done? In which position do I have to put the Switches and how must the Jumpers be placed?

Thank you.

Andy Ayre

Windows comes with a USB to serial driver, so it should work automatically. When you attach the USB cable and you see COM3 appear in the device manager then it is loading the driver.

You might want to contact Olimex for support on how to configure their boards to work with Flash Magic. We have never seen one of the boards so we have no idea. Sorry.

Andy