P89V51RD2FA

Started by f_lim_tarc@yahoo.com, July 18, 2008, 07:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f_lim_tarc@yahoo.com

Supplier send me 20pcs of NXP and 30pcs of Philips. Both are same part number P89V51RD2FA. My programmer (BPWin) contain Device P89V51RD2 only without the last 2 alphabet.

Q1: All NXP IC always detect wrong ID as "Chip's ID = 00BF0093 Expected = 00BF0091". What is this about? What happen?

Q2: All Philips IC also same with above and create another problem, the data not match with buffer...

Q3: Is NXP = Philips?

Q4: What is Parallel Programmer? Is BPWin (one of the programmer) consider as Parallel Programmer?

Q5: What is bootloader doing? Is bootloader secured inside the IC? If yes, we can't erased it right? If not, what programmer can do that? Only FlashMagic can do that?

Q6: How to purchase FlashMagic? Can update my bootloader by using 1 DB 9 connector and connect to Vdd, Vss, TxD, RxD and RST? But how? any schematics diagram to show me?

Please help me, thanks.

Andy Ayre

Sorry, I don't recognize the signature BF, 00, 93. Flash Magic will also complain about the device signature not matching.

Not sure about Q2. If you are programming with a BP programmer then you might want to contact BP for support.

NXP == Philips.

BP Microsystems make parallel programmers, yes.

In these devices the bootloader is located in flash block 1. It is possible to update the bootloader and the files can be found on the resources page of this site.

You can purchase the production system of Flash Magic by going to:

http://www.canopenstore.com/nxp-flash-tools.html

Schematic diagrams on how to use ISP are in the Flash Magic manual and the NXP user manuals for the devices.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

f_lim_tarc@yahoo.com

Thanks for your reply.

QuoteFlash Magic will also complain about the device signature not matching.

So, you just ignore the signature right? Ignore shouldn't affect our program right?

Q1: what happen to previous version of bootloader? The NXP Tech support team send me V7. Can you answer this with plain and simple English as i very dump in english? Bootloader won't affect my user program right?

Andy Ayre

I don't recognize the signature so I cannot say what the effects would be of ignoring it. However Flash Magic does have an option to ignore the signature if you wish to do that.

V7 is the latest. I don't know what happened to the previous versions.

Andy

erikm

sticking my finger in unknown territory so, please take this with a grain of salt

have I not seen posts abou different IDs for the 'V' chip due to a change of the parallel programming algorithm?

Erik
erik

Andy Ayre

Most of the devices in this family have their own signature and a generic signature, which is BF, 00, 91. However the one the OP mentioned isn't know to us.

Andy

f_lim_tarc@yahoo.com

Hello everybody,

What i mean here is, whether, P89V51RD2FA Philips = P89V51RD2FA NXP, include all the features like architecture, function, timer, etc?
Because when I'm using SAME program load into both Philips and NXP, Philips having trouble while NXP no problem. ??? :o

Jan Waclawek

Quote from: Andy Ayre on July 18, 2008, 01:36:03 PM
Most of the devices in this family have their own signature and a generic signature, which is BF, 00, 91. However the one the OP mentioned isn't know to us.
As I said already so many times, these are most probably relabelled SST devices. The 91 device signature is of the older, discontinued SST89E564RD, the 93 is of the newer SST89E516RD - there are only very minor differences between these two devices, based on the published datasheet.

Andy is not aware of the difference as it is irrelevant for IAP - the bootloader is presumably the same(*) and the signature there is not read from the chip's hardware, rather, it is set directly in the bootloader's firmware as a constant. The difference is seen only when the signature is read via a parallel programmer.

Jan Waclawek.

(*) ...although on 8052.com I have seen reports of a factory-installed bootloader version 6 - Andy, can you confirm this, perhaps also what is the difference to other versions?).

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure of the details of v6 of the bootloader, or how it differs from v7, unfortunately. Sorry. :(

Andy

Je Gold

since you are not using Flash magic --- it's best to contact the programmer manufacturer...

Joe