LPC2136: "failed to autobaud - step 1"

Started by m77311, September 30, 2008, 04:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m77311

Any suggestions why??

I just downloaded FM version 4.31.1368

I can connect to my board and do all programming I need using Philips flash utility v 2.2.1 without problems so the cable and board are OK. I have both programs on the same PC and closes the philips program before starting FM

I have set
com port COM1
Baud rate : tried both slow and fast (high speed communication in advanced options is disabled)
Device LPC2136
Interface None
oscillator 14.746

RST and P0.14 are connected to the serial interface

When I try the command "Read device signature" my board goes into reset and then it restarts.
And I get the error message in the subject above.

At last a small Grrrr... to the documentation team at FM. The manual is 111 pages and still no explanation to the error messages.

//Henrik

Andy Ayre

The problem is that when the device fails to respond, the cause is unknown. There are so many possibilities that could stop ISP comms from working that it's not realistic to put all of those at the end of the error message. Instead it is better to understand the fundamental idea of what is happening and then troubleshoot it. This is not simply a piece of software running on a PC where everything is carefully controlled. It is a software/hardware combination where the hardware is essentially unknown.

Please generate a debug file and send it to us. The instructions are here: http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugfile.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com