"failed to autobaud" on LPC2478

Started by Serge Issakov, September 22, 2008, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge Issakov

I'm running FlashMagic 4.30.1363 trying to flash an LPC2478 with a hex file from Embedded Artists.
I have verified that I can talk to the LPC2478 through the COM port I'm using (COM4) - which is setup as a USB serial port.  That is, I can connect to the port with Hyper Terminal at 115200, reset the board, and clearly read the startup boot text from the board inside the Hyper Terminal window.

But when I try to use FlashMagic  I just get an error.  I have the COM Port set to "COM 4" , I've tried all baud rates between 9600 and 115200, Device is set to "LPC2478", Interface is "None (ISP)", and I leave Oscilator at 16.0000 Mhz. 

Yet whenever I click Start I get a dialog box that says "Operation Failed. (failed to autobaud - step 1).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Serge

Serge Issakov

Problem solved.

Turns out the jumpers are set by default to disable ISP.  Once I shorted both "automatic ISP jumpers", it's happily programming.

It looks like these instructions are in the user guide, but they're garbled in both version B of the LPC2478 OEM Board (p31) and in version C (p. 36).

Serge

Andy Ayre

Thanks for taking the time to post the solution. This will help others that run into the same problem.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com