ISP CODE READ PROTECTION DISABLE FOR FLASH for LPC2138

Started by brahma, January 21, 2009, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brahma

Hi,

I Need to store some data from sector 16-22 and this will be permenant data and my application will be stored upto 14 sectors from 0 this is downloaded through flash magic or lpc utility.

I need to erase only 14 sectors rest should remain same,i tried with docklight also by sending unlock command and trying to erase individual sectors,but i am not able to delete individual sectors because of code read protection.

How to remove code read protection permenantly or temporarly,can this be achevied through LPC or Flash magic or any other tool?

Please reply ASAP

Thanks
jalsa

Andy Ayre

Go to ISP -> Read Device Signature and look at the version of your bootloader.

If it is before 3.2 then CRP locks the whole device and erasing all blocks is the only way to unlock the device.

If it is 3.2 or later then there is an additional option added called CRP1 which allows any flash block except block 0 to be erased.

The full details can be found in the user manual for your device available from nxp.com/microcontrollers.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

brahma

Thanks andy

I searchd for the user manual but in that document i did not any reference to CRP1,Plaease direct me exact path where to get more about CRP1

Thanks in advance.

Andy Ayre

If you did a search in the PDF of the LPC2138 user manual and couldn't find it, then I guess it isn't supported on that device. I read about it in the user manual of an LPC23xx device.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com