Problem LPC2378-STK

Started by yorgunb, June 03, 2009, 08:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorgunb

I have an Olimex LPC2378-STK development board but i could not program it yet . I setup necessery settings in board (jumpers) and FM (Device: 2378 , COM Port: COM1 , Baudrate: 19200 , Interface: None(ISP) , Oscillator (MHz): 12.0000) then chose the .hex file and finally pressed start button. Program & Verify was succesful (After programming and verifying sections, FM wrote "Finished"). After I pushed the reset button, my program code (Blinky Led) did not work. Also i tried with different baud rates such as 38400, 9600, 4800 but result was same.
But, this is more interesting that when i used the Philips LPC2000 F.U. to program my board, blinky led code is working without any problem  :) (I know Philips LPC2000 is not support LPC23xx). If someone ask why don't you use Philips, it is clear  :) Philips does not program my other codes which are written in Keil. It stops programming at half and says "Cannot communicate with test board".
As a result, how can i solve this problem (Success programming [Maybe i guess] but not working code) ? Please help me. (Debug file that generated under programming operation is attached)

Andy Ayre

To be honest, we haven't received confirmation from anyone that Flash Magic works with Olimex boards. I don't see any problems in your debug file. You might want to contact Olimex and ask them if there is anything that needs to be changed on your board to get the program working. Perhaps they can provide a known working hex file for their board that flashes an LED?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

yorgunb

Thanks for reply. I have just found version 3.61 of flash magic and installed it. Now my codes are working succesfully with old version. There may be a bug in the lastest version  ???

Andy Ayre

Yes, there is. Please try version 5.01.

Good to know that the Olimex boards DO work with FM.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com