LPC2468 Stays in bootloader mode

Started by pedrow, June 04, 2009, 02:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedrow

I am using Flash magic 5.00 on an Embedded Artists LPC2468 board. I am transferring a uboot image which I got from the EA site. Everything seems to work OK, I can program and verify the image, but the processor stays in bootloader mode after reset.

When I do "Save As..." to fetch the data from the flash and compare it to the original, the four bytes at 0x00000014 are zero in my re-fetched version and non-zero in the original hex file. So it looks like Flash Magic is zero-ing these bytes, which the processor uses as a checksum to determine whether valid code is loaded in flash. That would explain why it stays in bootloader mode.

I've tried other .hex files and the same thing happens, the valid checksum is replaced by zero - however the transfer always validates OK in flash magic.

What am I doing wrong?

Pedrow

pedrow

Just to add to this, I used a command line utility lpc21isp and worked perfectly so I don't think the problem is my board or my .hex file.

arrass

Try with the new Version 5.01. We had the same problems. After update to 5.01, the problems are gone.
In the release note they say the following

Version 5.01
------------
- Fixed bug in ARM 7 driver that stopped code from executing after being programmed.

pedrow

Yes, that version 5.01 fixed it. Apologies for the delay, I've been too busy to risk making my board unbootable again until now!

P.