LPC1xxx Programmer

Started by anandpv2009, December 29, 2009, 06:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anandpv2009

Sir I am new to LPC. I found some information about LPC1xxx programming in Flash magic documen. but where i get full circuit for LPC1xxx programming (using flash magic)....

Thanks....

Andy Ayre

You need to connect an RS232 transceiver between UART0 and the PC's COM port. I would strongly recommend you start with an evaluation board from companies such as Keil, IAR, etc.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

anandpv2009

Sir actually i am a student and I don't have enough budget for that...

Can I connect TX and RX pins of MAX232 to UART0 of the ARM.And What about pins like rest(or other connections)...

Thank u sir...

Andy Ayre

We don't provide schematic diagrams - instead consult the user manual from NXP and the schematics from companies that make evaluation boards. In general you need to connect an RS232 transceiver such as a MAX232 to UART0.

Andy

anandpv2009

Thank u sir...
I think it is possible to make my own board for programming(USB) using PIC controllers.
Anyway i will try.

Of course thank u for programming hints.

Andy Ayre

You don't need PIC microcontrollers to program an LPC1xxx - you are making it too complicated. If you want to use USB then there are dedicated devices that bridge between USB and RS232. For example:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/FT232BM.htm

However note that there can be problems with this approach. In general the FTDI devices seem reliable, but it's much simpler and easier to avoid USB, at least for the first attempt at designing hardware.

Andy

anandpv2009

Sir my plan is to create a virtual SERIAL PORT using PIC and then connect the tx and rx pins of PIC to LPC and then program it using Flash Magic.
I mean my own USB to Serial converter...

(First I will check LPC with real Serial Port)

Can I use it???

I am expecting ur reply...

Andy Ayre

Yes, I know what you are describing. I've never tried it myself. Good luck with your project.

Andy

lpc1766

Quote from: anandpv2009 on December 30, 2009, 06:16:38 AM
Sir actually i am a student and I don't have enough budget for that...

Can I connect TX and RX pins of MAX232 to UART0 of the ARM.And What about pins like rest(or other connections)...

Thank u sir...
Look into the AN10302 from NXP (Page 5) or the "LPC-1766STK-SCH.PDF" (RS232_0) Schematic. Both Files can be found easily with google :)