89LPC932A1 & Vista (or Win 7)???

Started by TomP, August 30, 2010, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomP

We have an in-house designed programming board that uses RTS & DTR to ISP several of our products that use the 89LPC932A1. There's been no issues with it until recently. I just "upgraded" to a new PC that has Vista-64 versus the old PC that ran XP Pro. The problem is, now FM doesn't work with the on-board serial port, or the add-in serial card (Rosewill RC-301)! It gives the dreaded "autobaud" failure message.

I can take the programming board connected to the product board over to the old PC and check the Device Signature as a quick test, with no problem. I've scoped everything out on the new PC and it looks like there is some strange timing issues between RTS & DTR, irrespective of which port I try. I did download and install the latest driver for the Rosewill card, but to no avail. I have the latest FM: 5.69.2060.

So has ANYBODY programmed an LPC9xx part using the RTS/DTR method under Vista or Win 7? (We tried it on the IT guy's PC with Win 7 and if failed there too).

Note: I have programmed an LPC1114 with the same new PC and FM with no problems, but of course, this does not use the same interface as an LPC9xx.

Thanks.
tom

TomP

Update: tried to fix this by changing the Compatibility Mode to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
Did not work.

tom

Andy Ayre

We have tested Flash Magic with Windows 7 64-bit and haven't seen any problems ourselves. If you are dependent on DTR and RTS then I recommend you put a scope on those signals to see how they are behaving.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

TomP

I did and just as I was starting to compare the working waveforms to the non-working, they started working!
Disconnected the scope & it still works!?!

I'm guessing that somehow in testing all of the options (T1, T2, times for instance) that some of the settings didn't get returned to their proper state.

All is well now. Thanks.

tom