Error: Failed to Autobaud - Step1

Started by saikiran, August 25, 2011, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saikiran

We use ARM7 MCU of LPC2368 series for the application.
While programming the ARM7 MCU using Flash Magic Tool version 5.89.2405, we get the error as "Operation Failed.(failed to autobaud - Step1)".

We use 11.0592MHz oscillator to drive the Controller.
While programming it does not shows the Com port to which the device has been connected when checked through the device manger of the control panel.
While using Keil MicroVision3 IDE for downloading the program to controller, it works fine.
But, for Flash Magic Tool, it shows autobaud error.
We use JTAG interface for programming.
We checked all other hardware connections, it was found to be correct.

Please suggest the suitable solution for this autobaud error problem.
And also suggest the baudrate and Com port at which the controller is to be programmed using Flash Magic Tool

Regards,
Saikiran R.
Embedded Software Engineer
LCS Controls Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India

Andy Ayre

You need to have a COM port listed in the Device Manager first. Once you have COM port (perhaps using a USB to RS232 cable) you then select the matching COM port in Flash Magic. Start off with 19200 baud and increase if it works.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

saikiran

@Andy
The Com port is listed in the device manager. I have selected the matching Com port in flash magic. And also started with a baud rate of 19200. Then i tried all other baud rates. it is not working still. It shows the same error "Operation Failed.(failed to autobaud - Step1)". We checked the Com port using Com debug tool, Com port seems to be working. But it shows the above error while programming using flash magic tool.

saikiran

@Andy
While starting Boot loader it shows an error of "Operation failed. (Start BootROM command - no echo)".
Please suggest me suitable solution for programming ARM LPC2368 using Flash Magic Tool

Andy Ayre

Can you autobaud with the device using Hyperterminal? Use 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, 9600 baud. If you can please post a screenshot.

Andy

lasfclestat

Hello,

I'm using an ARM7 LPC2138 series and I'm having some troubles here. When I try to programing using Flash Magic Tool version 5.84.2259 I receive the following message:

'Operation Failed. Failed to autobaud - step 1.'

I've already checked pin 0.14 and it's connected to pull-down so its in low when I press the reset buttom.
Im using a 20.00Mhz oscillator and I've also checked it and it's really working.

I connected the board using a USB with 9600 baud-rate. I've tried 19200 and 4800 baud-rate and both failed.

The MAX232's pins are connected as follow:

o pin 14(T1OUT) - pin2 of the serial RS232 plug.
o pin 13(R1IN) - pin3 of the serial RS232 plug.
o pin 12(R1OUT) - pin21 (P0.1) of the LPC2138.
o pin 11(T1IN) - pin19 (P0.0) of the LPC2138.

It's everthing right in that connections?

I thought the problem could be in the MAX232 Transeiver, so I used a program (Docklight V1.9) to transmit anything throw the serial and it worked well.The MAX232 transmited the information to the microcontroller.

I dont know what else to do. I've tried a lot of tutorials and have already sent an email to nxp and followed theirs instructions, but it didnt work.

If someone knows what is the problem or some instructions to verify any errors, please tell me.

Thanks.

Andy Ayre

When you tested using Docklight what were you communicating with on the microcontroller? Your own firmware? The bootloader? If it wasn't the bootloader then it's only a minimal connectivity test.

Did you put a scope on the RxD pin and make sure data is arriving at the microcontroller from the PC?

Andy