P89V51RD2

Started by VIJAY SWARUP, December 19, 2011, 11:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIJAY SWARUP

Hi everyone

Am using a Philips 89V51RD2 controller and a Serial to USB communicator to connect it to my PC. I use PL2303 Prolific Driver for the RS232 to USB cable.

My problem is, I use Flash Magic and it says 'Reset your device into ISP mode' in red color when I try to load or erase flash. But when I press Reset button, It does not vanish and pressing reset button produces no response.

Also I tried to use the terminal and gave an uppercase U signal. Nothing gets echoed back and as soon as I give 'U' the flash magic's terminal becomes 'Not Responding'.

Kindly give me a suggestion to solve this problem.

Andy Ayre

Try using Hyperterminal to send a stream of 'U's while you reset the device. If you don't get a 'U' back then the bootloader is not running on the device.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

VIJAY SWARUP

Hello Andy

I tried to use Hyper Terminal and it starts to hang when I try to send any key and shows "NOT RESPONDING". Is it the bootloader went wrong?

Andy Ayre

I've never seen an NXP bootloader return "NOT RESPONDING". I think you might have a fake device. Sorry.
Make sure you only buy from an authorized NXP distributor, such as Future or Arrow.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

VIJAY SWARUP

Hi Andy

I have used a serial to serial cable and everything worked fine. I hope there is some problem with my serial-USB connector.

Thanks a lot for your advices.  :)