General > General Discussion

OS X support

(1/6) > >>

peterhull90:
Quick question on OS X support -- I notice that the version of FM for OS X is somewhat behind Windows. I was hoping to be able to use it to program an LPC810 which is OK on the Windows version but not yet supported on OS X. Unfortunately (for me) lpc21isp doesn't work for LPC8xx parts either.

Is there a plan to update the OS X version or is that it now?

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Andy Ayre:
There are some issues with the current development approach. We are investigated an alternative that looks promising and hopefully we can make something available in the next week or so.

Andy

peterhull90:
That's tremendous, thanks very much for the reply.
Pete

Andy Ayre:
Please give this *experimental* version a try (Flash Magic 7.50):

http://www.flashmagictool.com/download.html&d=FlashMagic.app.dmg

Notes:

To install double-click on the DMG file then drag the Flash Magic icon to Launchpad or Applications.

We have tested this with a genuine FTDI USB to RS232 cable. Any other cable type is untested.

The command line interface is not supported.

When started Flash Magic will automatically assign Mac serial ports to "COM Port" numbers. This is in a strict order. Open a terminal window and enter:

ls -l /dev/cu.* /dev/tty.*

This will show a list of serial ports available. The first port will be assigned to COM4, the second to COM5, etc. down the list.

On Macs each serial port is listed twice. First as "cu" and then as "tty". We have tested with "cu" and it worked for us. If it doesn't work for you then try the "tty" version.

Please let us know of any issues.

Andy

peterhull90:
That's great. I am off on holiday today  ;D for a week so I won't be able to test it straight away. I will report how it went once I'm back.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version