Problems with command STARTBOOTLOADER (Command line)

Started by Rainer, August 05, 2013, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainer

Hello,

I have tried to set the target device (LPC2106) into ISP mode with the STARTBOOTLOADER command (program version of FM.EXE is 7.51.3222). In my case it is a simple '!' 
So I tried  FM STARTBOOTLOADER(9600, %21, NOCONTROL) in the command line. But nothing happened - the FM-Tool isn't sending anything to target device (I monitor the serial traffic with a COM sniffer tool).
I also tried to specify the COM port and the Device:
FM COM(2, 9600) DEVICE(LPC2106, 14.7456, 0) STARTBOOTLOADER(9600, %21, NOCONTROL)
The same result -> no reaction on the COM Signal to the target device. Also there was no error message in both cases.

If I try to enter the ISP with a terminal program (HTerm) or even the "Start Bootloader"-Option in the GUI of Flash Magic it works fine.

Other command lines instructions are also working fine. e.g.: it was no problem to flash a hexfile with following instruction
FM COM(2, 9600) DEVICE(LPC2106, 14.7456, 0) ERASE(DEVICE, PROTECTISP) HEXFILE(Button.hex, CHECKSUMS, NOFILL, PROTECTISP)

During my experiments with the STARTBOOTLOADER command I tried the '&'-commands which are mentioned in the manual. Especially the &00 command (flush RX buffer). But none of the '&' command seem to work. I always get the error message, that the command 00 is unknown.

Are there some known issues with the STARTBOOTLOADER command or am I just using the wrong parameters?

Best regards

Rainer

Andy Ayre

The startbootloader command is not sent if there is no point - i.e. no ISP commands specified. Try this:

FM DEVICE(LPC2106, 14.7456, 0) STARTBOOTLOADER(9600, %21, NOCONTROL) COM(2, 9600) ERASE(DEVICE, PROTECTISP) HEXFILE(Button.hex, CHECKSUMS, NOFILL, PROTECTISP)

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

processmagic

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com