Programmed successfully by Flash magic but code is not running

Started by dhanraj_kmr, August 28, 2013, 03:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhanraj_kmr

Hi All,
I have a custom board with LPC2388 with reference of MCB2300 board. After some struggle now i am able to download the code into board and verify it using Flashmagic.

My problem is that board is not coming up with the buzzer which i had enabled in software. I have another problem with the same board is that not deducting Ulink-ME j-tag with internal or external clock.

My first question is that if there is any problem with the on board external crystal, will the falshmagic programming possible?

Second question is that how to verify a crystal is working or not?

Andy Ayre

Section 4 of chapter 27 "Flash Memory Programming Firmware" in the LPC23xx user manual from NXP states:

"When ISP mode is entered after a power on reset, the IRC and PLL are used to generate a CCLK of 14.748MHz."

So ISP will work if the external crystal is not present.

Put a scope on the XTAL pins. There should be sine waves.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

dhanraj_kmr

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Scope is not showing any sine wave on both main oscillator and RTC oscillator. So i disabled main oscillator and enabled the internal oscillator in startup file and checked the firmware. But no difference it made.

Is there any other way for checking it?

I have verified the hardware schematic and PCB designs. No clue so far.

Andy Ayre

If ISP is working then the device is probably ok and the problem is in your code.

I suggest you try one of the examples from NXP that is known to work with the LPC2388. Then gradually change the example into what you want step by step, retesting after each change.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com