Flash magic is not erasing 89v51rd2

Started by Amrita_lv, April 24, 2014, 12:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amrita_lv

I have bought 15 nxp89v51rd2; i am using flash magic (version 7.72) to program it; out of 15 mc only 5 mc got programmed; for rest of the micro controller i am getting the issue; It shows reset the device into isp mode now, then if I press reset, nothing happens. So I thought it as a bootloader problem and I downloaded the bootloader from your site and programmed the micro-controller using TOP Universal programmer; After that I put it back on target board and tried to re-program it, now again it shows "reset the device to isp mode now" and i press reset, it works and goes to "erasing device......" after that nothing happens, it can not erase the device.
So I thought it as a configuration bit issue and used the TOP universal programmer to read the config bit for good microcontroller and non-working microcontroller; I found the working micro controller has following configuration "0x60=22 and 0x61=42"; but the non-working micro controller shows "0x60=0f and 0x61=02".
I need your help to solve the issue

Andy Ayre

The 0x60 and 0x61 values don't mean anything to us. What do they mean?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

The bootloader is stored in the first 8k of block 1. Please see chapter 7 of the data sheet from NXP which explains this.

Andy

mrsam41

Quote from: Amrita_lv on April 24, 2014, 12:17:23 PM
I have bought 15 nxp89v51rd2; i am using flash magic (version 7.72) to program it; out of 15 mc only 5 mc got programmed; for rest of the micro controller i am getting the issue; It shows reset the device into isp mode now, then if I press reset, nothing happens. So I thought it as a bootloader problem and I downloaded the bootloader from your site and programmed the micro-controller using TOP Universal programmer; After that I put it back on target board and tried to re-program it, now again it shows "reset the device to isp mode now" and i press reset, it works and goes to "erasing device......" after that nothing happens, it can not erase the device.
So I thought it as a configuration bit issue and used the TOP universal programmer to read the config bit for good microcontroller and non-working microcontroller; I found the working micro controller has following configuration "0x60=22 and 0x61=42"; but the non-working micro controller shows "0x60=0f and 0x61=02".
I need your help to solve the issue

Do you find out solution for this problem? if can pls help me how to fix? thank you.

Andy Ayre

This is probably a question only NXP can answer, but as the parts are out of production it might be difficult.

Why not use a modern device? These parts are not recommended for new projects and it will be difficult to repair/service existing products based on them.