Programming

Started by Adi, February 27, 2004, 01:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi

Hi,

i want to program the Philips 89c51RC2BA with ALL-07 Universal Programmer. I use the RX2FVLib.hex whitch i have downloaded of this webside.

I tried 2 ways to program it.

1. load file rx2fvlib on address 0fc00
2. load file rx2fvlib on address 00000

1. Programing is running, but the verify shows ERROR on ADDRESS 0000h.
    I checked it and saw that the data in flash is filled with FF

erik malund

>>ALL-07 Universal Programmer. .....Does somebody knows how can i program this MCU?<<
1) this is between you and the programmer manufacturer
2) are you sure that you match ---H or ---noH they program different, since the ---H came out first, many programmers at that time did not specify the ---H and thaus just said Rx2, so if your latest software upgrade of the programmer is more than, say, 6 months old the Rx2 code probably is for the ---H.

Erik

Adi

Hi,

now i am using WinISP and FlashMagic. The Software recognize the Hardware but i still not can erase and program it. Whitch value of vector and status byte i have to choose to erase and program the mcu?

What kind of failure could it be?

Adi

Andy Ayre

So you can read the security bits and device signature for example, but you get an error when erasing or programming? If that is the case then check you are selecting the correct device in Flash Magic. Let me know if you still have a problem.

In Flash Magic, the Boot Vector should normally be left alone, and the Status Byte is handled automatically.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Adi

Hi Andy,

when the software has identificated the hardware i can read the security bits, but the device signature and blank check makes more problems, sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn

Andy Ayre

What baudrate and crystal frequency are you using? It sounds like the baud rate might be slightly too high for the device and the connection is flakey.

WinISP does not support the device you are using - P89C51RC2xx in WinISP is actually referring to the previous generation of devices (the 'H' generation), so you need to stop using WinISP.

Adi

baud 9600, freq. 14,745600MHz.

When i use magicflash, sometimes i can erase one block. When i choose all blocks the connection stops. Should i try the RC circuit for PSEN and VCC and P2.6 on High level?

Adi

Andy Ayre

Try the RC circuit? If you mean the workaround on the errata sheet, then yes - give that a try and let me know if it helps or not. If you haven't implemented that then it appears that it will definately cause problems.

Nilesh Khatti

hello sir,
             From the last few days, we are searching the demo software for All07 Programmer. But we are unable to find any such free demo version on internet.. please guide regarding the same.
             Agar nahi bataya to aapki gaand mein danda..
thanking you,
lord of the lords,
nilesh khatti!!

Andy Ayre

Try contacting the manufacturer. This forum is for the discussion of Philips ISP and Flash Magic, not parallel programmers, sorry.