Started by ketan, January 18, 2004, 03:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anuj

i ned ur help i want complete in formation about this ic

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

nidhi

i've just started with 89C51RD2, i wud like to know abouts the modes of prog. like ISP, IDE etc. n the difference between the modes and their requirements .
kindly tell me about ISP in details.

nidhi

erikm

>>>i've just started with 89C51RD2, i wud like to know abouts the modes of prog. like ISP, IDE <<<

IDE (Integrated Design Environment)  is not programming

Read AN461

Erik

Andy Ayre

AN461 = Philips application note. You can get it from www.philipsmcu.com.

Deepen Shah

sir
if you got answer for this question than please do tell me also on this email id

Andy Ayre

An answer for which question? If you have a problem please be more specific. We need as much information as possible.

Deepen

sir i was using philips 89c51rd2 ic and its not working now so please do help me how to replace 89c51rd2 by 89v51rd2 as the 89c51rd2 is not  avilable
please do send me the reply

Andy Ayre

You need to compare the datasheets. The devices are quite different in terms of SFRs, etc. You will need to make changes to your code. Also you need to make sure you select the "V" device in Flash Magic when programming it, as entering ISP mode is different.

MaCH

Hi,

Im need to program AT89C51ED2 / RD2. Im using Flip Programmer SW. Is there any scheme for programing the processor with FLIP SW?

Thx

MaCH

erikm

refer Flip questions to a Flip forum.

If you switch to Philips chips, you can use FlashMagic and ask your questions here.

Erik

NGOC

i was using P89C51DR2BN , and i don't know PIN Vpp have conect to +5V /12V or GND ,because in application note AN416_7 draw it is conected to 0.1uF to GND

erikm

because in application note AN416_7 draw it is conected to 0.1uF to GND .....  AND ALSO +5V.

The +12, in my opinion only should not be used.

Erik

Jesper

HELP me...

i have a P89C51RD+JB (44-Pin Plastic Quad Flat Pack-PQFP) solder on a development board. on the board, it have ISP or ICP (i not sure:P) circuit for serial programming.
there is a jamper to put it into ISP, I have no problem using Flash Magic to programming the chip. normally i choose Erase all flash when programming it.

But untill this morning,when i doing the same thing, i programming the board using Flash Magic, in the middle of Erasing process,my RX TX connector lose out (i mean disconnected from PC) and programming process is stoped. after that i'm not able to do ISP again.
normally when I put the jumper to ISP mode, it will not executing the code, but now even the board are in ISP mode, it still executing the code, running the program, and I not able to connect it to PC to re-program the chip....please help me...

any solution to make it ISP programable again,other the take it out from board and use parallel programmer.
if not choice, then can i connect the parallel programmer pinout to the chip with the chip still on the circuit to program it. i don't have the skill the take the chip out from that board and I don't have parallel programmer that program PQFP.

hope to hear from you guys soon, thanks in advance.

Jesper.

Andy Ayre

Was it a full device erase that was interrupted? Unfortunately this also erases the boot vector. Once erasing is complete, Flash Magic restores the boot vector to the factory default. If you interrupt the erasing process before it is complete, then you will end up with a boot vector of 00H.

The only way I know of to restore the boot vector is by using a parallel programmer. I would advise against connecting a device to a parallel programmer while the device is on a cicrcuit board, as you might damage your parallel programmer.