89C51RD2 is not ready to enter in ISP

Started by ketan, January 18, 2004, 03:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

Are you using the same hardware for both the RD2BN and the 668? If so then it sounds like an electrical problem. Check the voltages on VCC, GND, /PSEN (during reset), RST (during and after reset), P2.6 and P2.7 and make sure they are all what they should be, and glitch and ripple free.

If you are not using the same hardware then between the two successful programs of the RD2BN, did you execute the downloaded code?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Rons

To erikm,
     People have to go through the front door many times, until they
     realize there is a backdoor.

erikm

People have to go through the front door many times, until they
realize there is a backdoor

well, the Idea in NoTouch (the front door) and 'the backdoor' is that you let your guests (customers) in through the front door, but you yourself, when you have accidentially locked the front door may have to use the back door.

Erik

chris keays

I have the same problem. Flash magic changes the fuse bytes when programming.
I built a programmer to program the RD2/ED2 devices with Flash Magic.
(the same circuit in AN461 figure 2)
I finally got Flash Magic to  detect my programmer, so I tried to read the chip and program it once. I did not change any of the fuse settings. The code was just a fill of 11 22 33 44 ...etc  just to check the hardware, and now I am locked out.

I have a couple of questions:
Does flash magic automatically change the HSB byte after programming? I could not see how to change it.

I am using an 89C51ED2. I read the "migration from T89C51RD2 to AT89C51ED2" application note from atmel. It does mention that the BLJB bits can be changed via ISP. Flash magic does not detect that chip. I Know the hardware is ok because I insert a brand new AT89C51ED2 and Flash Magic detects it.

Secondly is there a simple circuit that I can build to program the HSB byte back in. Is there anywhere to purchase such a device? There are simple circuits to change similar fuses on an atmel avr device, I was just wondering if  anyone knows where to find such a device or schematic. I do have a Labtool48 parallel Universal programmer but it will not program the ED2 devices, it does however program the RD2.

I have read the data sheets through and through, and still cannot find an answer.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Andy Ayre

Sorry, Flash Magic does not support the Temic (now Atmel) or Atmel devices. You need to use FLIP from Atmel. Flash Magic only supports Philips devices.

selvam

hi andrew ,

is there any programming is needed for entering into isp?

pls mail me
thanks and rgds
selvam

Andy Ayre

Is this the same problem that you are posting about in the other thread (the one I Erika and I replied to)? If so then please continue the discussion over there otherwise please elaborate.

dipak

helllo sir

MY XAG49 controller not supporting ISP

may be boot vector corrupted

whether flash magic support parrallel progrmming

what to do

pls let me know

thank you

Andy Ayre

dipak - this thread is a discussion about the 89C51RD2, not the XA-G49. Please repost your question in a new thread. Thank you.

Canh

Author:Ntcanh
Date" 18/6

Hello sir!

I want to write a sotfware the same flashmagic.I have intended to make a PLC using microcontroler 89C51RD2,so I desire to have soure of flashmagic to study .How can i get it.Please help me.Thanh you

erikm

I have intended to make a PLC using microcontroler 89C51RD2
how many people have you employed to write the ladder logic interpreter for the PC?.  The last company doing it spent 22 man-years I have been told.

For storing a few variables in the flash all the code is available here.

Erik

Jigar

Dear Sir,
While programming P89C51RD2HPB through WinISP software, I am getting the message, "Flash Programming Successful". But then when i try to verify it, it shows error.  The boot vector is FC H and staus is FF H. When i try to read the chip, it shows FF h at all memory locations.

Need a quick reply.
Thanking you,
Jigar Shukla

erikm

>>While programming P89C51RD2HPB through WinISP software<<

Easy fix: use FlashMagic instead

Erik

Andy Ayre

Yes, please try Flash Magic and see if that helps.

ketan

i m using  89v51rd2 uc and flash magic for programming the same.
but after making target board on it shows "reset device into ISP mode"
and not Proceeding  plz help me get out of this probs