LPC824 Flash programming

Started by yan9a, April 23, 2017, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yan9a

I am new to flashmagic. When i tried to use it (version 10.02.4512)  to program LPC824M201JHI33 on OM13071 board, I have got error "Failed to read the device signature". And when I click yes to continue, I have got "Operating Failed" message box. Another problem is that my LPCXpresso IDE only outputs .axf file. How can I use it with flashmagic?

Andy Ayre

You will need to configure LPXxpresso to output a hex file - it's somewhere in the settings.

Please generate and send a debug file. Instructions are here: http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugfile.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

yan9a

I just tried erasing the flash because I haven't had hex.
Now I can generate the debug file for the errors I mentioned. But I cannot attach the file in this post.
When I click the 'Attachments and other options' below the text box, I can't see attach option.
Is it because of forum permission?
Thanks.

yan9a

Andy Ayre

I see this in the output from the device:

rx> \0ahave to say for yourself now?\0a\0d

This is not the bootloader running but some firmware instead.

You need to meet all the conditions given in the Flash memory section of the user manual from NXP to start the bootloader. You can check that the bootloader is running by connecting using a terminal program and sending a single '?'. You should get 'Synchronized' back.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

yan9a

Thanks a lot. Now I can erase the flash.